Only fools are complaining about gas prices

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 27, 2008.

1. You must have missed my gas tax thread. I'm with you on this one. If you can afford it, that's good. If not, you're fucked. Survival of the fittest.

#21     Jun 28, 2008
  2. I doubt that.

#22     Jun 28, 2008
  3. you do realize this is cold/C-kid/gamete/Hack JerseyX and all the other psycho aliases molded into one waste of flesh, that you are talking to?

#23     Jun 28, 2008
  4. I love statistics like this! Thing about it is that the average Civic is used to haul around something like 1.3 passengers, whereas the average SUV is used to haul around something like 2.5 passengers. So if you take those death rates per car, and divide by the average number of passengers, you'll see you're a hell of a lot safer in an SUV. Yeah...I have an SUV...and a family with little kids. Nice and safe kids with thick steel between them and the idiots that drive drunk or stupid. I'll pay extra to keep my kids safer. Don't care what the neighbors think.

SM

#24     Jun 28, 2008
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Once again, I find that the same single word is my personal answer to the thread's dilemma: Camaro!! I'm resurrecting the V6 Camaro that has been lifeless in my garage... it gets [after the engine rebuild] 26-27 mpg highway and I can charge the fuel cost to my entertainment budget, it is that fun to race through the canyons............ thusly my fuel costs are cut to zero and my overall satisfaction rating of living in the farthest flung suburb of the entire Western Civ is once again a smooth sailing, abso-bitchin-lutely satisfying 9 on a 10 scale....... GoodYear Eagles could push it up to 9.4 maybe... you can't even justify your Starbucks as entertainment, it doesn't come close.....

#25     Jun 28, 2008

6. No, I did not.

#26     Jun 29, 2008
  7. You didn't read the link. This is DRIVER death rates only, so it has nothing to do with #passengers.

#27     Jun 29, 2008
  8. Only fools compare the cost of Starbucks coffee and gasoline.

#28     Jun 29, 2008
  9. BEST LOOKING OF THE MUSCLE CARS

[​IMG]

#29     Jun 29, 2008
  10. Fair point.Everything is relative,what products you buy out of choice versus products you actually NEED to buy and get squeezed on and of course how much you need to buy.

One of the most expensive substances you'll ever buy per volume,more expensive than gold,oil,Starbucks,even blood is printer ink!

$8000 per gallon.

#30     Jun 29, 2008