Only fools are complaining about gas prices

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 27, 2008.

1. I love stasrbucks. Strong coffee. Clean bathrooms. Good service. I go there and for the price of admission enjoy a nice cup of addictive coffee on the sunny patio. Watch some nice scenery go by. They earn my 3 bucks.

#11     Jun 28, 2008

2. wow, what a premise for a thread....

ok, so we collectively are fools, what now?

fools all!

1) school buses and their broken budgets, knowing that their tax burdens are about to triple on their already overtaxed homeowner base -- fools

2) emergency services, first responders (fire, police, ambulance, hospital, volunteer forces) -- fools

3) poor, indigent, crippled, bed ridden, old age homes, infirmary residents, poor and very poor families -- fools

the reality is this notion that rank in life dictates place and location in society is what governments were created to represent, and when they no longer represent their populace, their populace votes through all kinds of ways and actions -- fools all

---

guess you proved your thesis...

now, what does the price of Tea in China or Coffee at Junk-Bucks have to do with it?

#12     Jun 28, 2008
  3. LOL

I had the exact same thought when Starbucks first came out with their caffeinated sugar water, and I still feel the same way today.

After drinking European and Dominacan coffee I'll tell you, that has got to be some of the best marketed crap this side of selling refrigators to eskimos! :eek: :D :p

#13     Jun 28, 2008
  4. Quote from rapier:

Death rates wont tell you the story, too many variables, a lot of deaths occur on long country drives and a Civic is less likely to be driven that way etc etc

Funny how a person can replace statistics with wild guesses. Your point flies in the face that people LIKE to drive smaller cars on longer drives, because they get better mileage

Death rates are far and away the best comparison method, because all vehicles are compared on an even basis. Star ratings are within class - such as small car, and do not carry over well when comparing something like a subcompact with a midsize SUV

Give me a big car to protect my kids anyday!!!

The reality is, that Civics have a higher percentage of young drivers. The Civic is more affordable to them and they love to load the Civic with aftermarket parts. And they tend to be worse drivers.

And the Civic still has a low death rate.

#14     Jun 28, 2008
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

a shot of Cuabn coffee.... .75 cents with tip....much stronger and you can chat with the chubby colombian who makes it.... peace

#15     Jun 28, 2008

6. Good Ol' ElCubano, my friend. I hear that Cuban Coffee down in Miami shares the same chemical compounds of sugar and concrete. :p

Good stuff.

#16     Jun 28, 2008
  7. See, it's this kind of nonsense which makes me laugh. I'm not saying you're right or wrong but with $5 gas around the corner, anyone not in a smaller car is getting royally fucked in the anus without lube.

If they want to pay for the preception of safety, that's fine by me.

#17     Jun 28, 2008
  8. mrbud

mrbud

Starbucks coffee is fuel -rocket fuel. I don't know how anyone can drink it.

Every month I throw a cup into the gas tank. It cleans the injectors.

#18     Jun 28, 2008
  9. hahaha!

#19     Jun 28, 2008
  10. high99

high99

I don't drink any of that shit coffee. It's like pouring sewage down your throat. And I drive a Dodge Charger, the one with the bigger Hemi with 425 horse. About 14 mpg around town. $2000 gas guzzler tax when I bought it new. Love it. The stock appreciation of my Exxon offsets the gas price.

#20     Jun 28, 2008