Only Apple

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by short4bread, Apr 3, 2012.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Have may skew as well.

Was short gamma going into today. Was flat gamma at 620ish and bought some more may downside gamma.

Will be out on expiry as i think that flat skew makes sense into earnings - but not on a normal day.

#11     Apr 4, 2012

2. Basing it on my personal wisdom.

#12     Apr 4, 2012
  3. I've got two in APR; one to 620 and another to 625. Some RTV-neutral calendars that are OTM.

#13     Apr 5, 2012
  4. I don't quite understand all the terminology/jargon being used in this thread either, but I know an uptrend in a HOT stock when I see it.
    ALL the funds have to own this stock NOW, and are still pouring in the money.
    I've been selling Puts since AAPL was at 404.37 on 12/29/11, and plan to keep doing so.
    700+ by the end of the year seems realistic enough to me, assuming the Earnings Reports are good.
    :D

• aapl.png
      File size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
    #14     Apr 5, 2012
  5. Be real care with this strategy. If the stock drops and those puts go up in value by 300%, you'll go belly up.

#15     Apr 5, 2012
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I like it how everytime someone sells a put someone makes this comment.

However, in the case of AAPL, I think the guy would have made money money owning stock in the same delta he had originally traded.

#16     Apr 5, 2012
  7. not if you got cash to flash

valid strategy depending on your goal

#17     Apr 5, 2012
  8. Greater fools theory doesn't pass muster when there will be 100 million iPhones sold in the next 3-5 years.

Android may have market share, but it doesn't have as good of a satisfaction rating.

#18     Apr 5, 2012
  9. Sorry, didn't mean to mislead. Those weren't Naked Puts! How much money would you need for margin? Ahhhhh!
    They're all Credit Spreads, expiring every month from July 2012-January 2013. Just keep adding to the pile as AAPL rises.
    The furthest one out is a 660/655, all the others are 625/620 down to 405/400.
    AAPL might go sideways for a while, likes it's done in the past, but I really can't see it reversing anytime soon.
    Still, I don't like trying to predict the future. If the Trend gets broken, will just have to reassess and make the necessary changes.
    :cool:

#19     Apr 5, 2012
  10. Sure, you'll make money 95% of the time, but the other 5% is enough to wipe you out!

#20     Apr 5, 2012