Only a complete moron would use Market Profile

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Reaver, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Oh yeah I am definitely a fan of Ross Hooks and 1-2-3's. Thanks for the chart.

#41     Dec 24, 2008
  2. Joab

Joab

Ya I'm sure I could but like you said it's Christmas, so I will cut you some slack.

MP is for wussy types that can't read price any other way but statistically.

It's a waste of time if you have a clue.

#42     Dec 24, 2008
  3. ammo

ammo

sorry reaver that chart was supposed to go on the ironfist thread,just learning to post charts,Joab ,i've made a boatload usiing the mp charts,not exclusively,but its a great tool,if you cant figure out how to read it,well then your the one wearing the nancy glasses..... happy holidays

#43     Dec 24, 2008
  4. Thanks for letting me live. I know that there are lots of hardass warriors on the Internet. It appears I have stumbled into yet another one. *whew* close call!

You make no sense...why would Market Profile be for wussy types that can't read price any other way than statistically? What would be bad about using statistics anyway? And furthermore, why is using MP any more "statistical" than using a bar chart or candlesticks? All are ways of displaying market information, nothing more.

I guess option trading algos are for wussy types who can't read price any other way. Wussy ass quants. Pffft they need to learn to read a bar chart.

Do you realize how ignorant that makes you sound?

You are saying that you have to be a wuss to find volume at price a viable means of interpreting market data? LOL

Not sure why you showed up on this thread in the first place, frankly.

I don't use MP exclusively and I am surely not a purist. but to say it is not viable or that only a wuss would use it is totally ignorant on your part. Shit man, you must be a wuss if you use a chart at all.

Candlesticks, bar charts, indicators, market internals are for wussy types that can't read price any other way but statistically. You should be able to see the prices in Time and Sales and process it all in your head or you're a wuss according to your logic.

Anyways, thanks again for not killing me. That's very sweet of you. Don't forget to take your creatine and nitro-tech before you go to bed tonight.

#44     Dec 24, 2008
  5. Ammo, it's all good man. It's funny because I use RH and 1-2-3's in my trading along with MP concepts. ha ha

I was like "damn this guy is psychic". lol

#45     Dec 24, 2008
  6. Hey BTW Don also recommended TraderBrad as he was also a previous student of Don's.

You should do a search of TraderBrad on ET and see the fireworks. LMFAO!

Here, let me help:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/search.php?s=&action=finduser&userid=20663

Of course Don will recommend him, they are buds.

P.S. FWIW I also took the Cisco Long Course. Just calling a spade a spade.

#46     Dec 24, 2008
  7. Joab

Joab

Because MP is only the long way down a simple short road but hey if it makes you feel smart then go for it.

Personally I'm in this business to make money not to feel smart.

#47     Dec 25, 2008
  8. Well, that's great and all...but it still doesn't answer the question as to why you decided to post on my thread.

Not sure about the making money part, but I can definitely see from your posts you're not interested in feeling smart.

I am not interested in your opinion. Volume at price makes more sense to me than a bar chart and has from day one. (BTW I use bar charts for entries as I mentioned earlier). I don't really care if MP is too difficult for you to grasp...not my problem.

Sorry you couldn't make it work for you.

Now go troll somewhere else.

#48     Dec 25, 2008
  9. ammo

ammo

i've read a lot of both joab and reaver posts,both good,hope you guys are just buds f'in around

#49     Dec 25, 2008
  10. Joab

Joab

Ummmm

I studied MP for several years and still use it today (occasionally).

Your still missing the point.

MP is not necessary to find support and resistance levels, they are right in front of your eyes, IF you know what to look for.

It's all in the price action baby.

#50     Dec 25, 2008