Only 4 Americans left on Forbes's billionaire list

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, Mar 5, 2008.

1. achilles28

achilles28

Very true.

But the ratio of publicly-avowed billionairies - US versus everyone else - should hold constant.

That said, the Chinese and Indians are gaining. Not cool.

#11     Mar 5, 2008
  2. BSAM

BSAM

The title of the thread is misleading. There are many Americans on the list. Just not in the top 20. There are 4 in the top 20.

#12     Mar 5, 2008

3. why?

a chinese billionaire spending his money in USA, or an American billionaire spending his money in china---- why does it matter where they are from?

billonaires create jobs and push the economy by investment/spending. most are citizens of the world as far as business is concerned.

surf:confused:

#13     Mar 5, 2008

4. :D

#14     Mar 5, 2008
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Outsourcing enriches otherwise impoverished nations through the export of American jobs (wealth) and technology (intellectual capital).

Jobs that go overseas concentrate wealth into the hands of stockholders and foreign labor.

The American Middle Class is cut out and our manufacturing base is decimated.

This is very bad - both politically and economically - for the Country.

btw, I applaud any country that builds itself up through its own indigenous growth. Thats an achievement.

What we're seeing now is merely a transfer of productive capacity - and consequently, wealth, capital and jobs - from the West to the East.

Not good.

#15     Mar 5, 2008
  6. I find this post hilariously (or perhaps morbidly) circular. "Little Chinese and Indians", is it? Attitudes like that are part of the reason that the global wealth balance is shifting.

#16     Mar 5, 2008
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I was watching some show on the travel channel, I think Bordean. He was in India eating at this resturaunt and the two guys who run it worked 60 + hours per week to run the resturant to provide for their families. Both of them where also fulltime students working on graduate degrees in Engineering and Mathematics.

Foreigners, unfortunatly, now have the work ethic and pride in a job well done, that used to be a unique American feature. It's now a very rare one. The downword slide will continue.

#17     Mar 5, 2008
  8. Soon, they're will be NONE.

#18     Mar 5, 2008
  9. achilles28

achilles28

You keep throwing stones from that vaunted tower of righteous arrogance, don't you?

Half the time, you don't know what you're talking about.

You're more concerned about upholding the connivance of global Jewry as something to be revered, than anything else.

From what I see, you're a pretty sallow character.

#19     Mar 5, 2008
  10. achilles28

achilles28

No doubt. We've become a nation of dumbed-down slobs.

The foreigners want it more and will run circles around us to get it.

And they should be rewarded for their work ethic and sacrifice. Why shouldn't they? After all, thats the ultimate goal of a free market - to see the success of ones toil.

But my point - we shouldn't give them wealth at our expense.

Outsourcing has been sold to the public as a panacea to our economic woes. And TraderNik - for all his gay-ass jibes - is right.

We're in the position we are now because our Nation is stupid and lazy. The politicians and corporations run game on us and we're still asleep - a nation of cry babies and working-class idiots.

All I know - my Forebearers didn't build this Country to enrich the Sino or Indians.

They did it for me. So their progeny would have a better life.

Its up to us what we do with it. But its our Birth Right and Inheritance to own it.

#20     Mar 5, 2008