Online Trading Mentoring?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jr07, Apr 6, 2009.

1. human151

human151

I took the top trader mentoring program and really liked it. Learned a lot. www.toptrader.com

Its not going to make you an expert. its not going to teach you any "tricks" or5 secrets. Its just a staright forward training class about options taught online with a meetining software like goto meeting or something like that, I forget. There is an instructor and about 15 other people. The students recieved a 400 page book and during the course you are taught the basics as well as how to read a chart, trends etc...

A bit pricey @$6700 but it was worth it o me because I learned quiter a bit.

#61     Apr 22, 2009
  2. Affecto

Affecto

Who do you mean with that first guy? Can you mention who have you been trading with for 3 months and he is green everyday!
    Thanks

#62     Aug 23, 2009
  3. sandyawty

sandyawty

Affecto,

Here's the link to Rob McNabb's present website. He really is green every day and will probably be happy to show you his account with trades to prove it.
    http://thetradingring.com/

In case this site won't send links, that's thetradingringDotCom.

Sandy

#63     Aug 23, 2009
  4. russ1

russ1

I have used DLC profiles.....along with many other mentors. There was no magic with DLC, but I have learned much from them. DLC is run by 2 guys with a passion for the markets, much experience, and no desire to milk every penny from you. There trading is based on market profile. In the end, it takes much time and practice. Towards that end, I use Windotrader software which has a market replay function. Ninja also has something similar as do other software programs. I replay data (at accelerated speed) from good and bad days, and especially from days I miss.

#64     Aug 26, 2009
  5. Marqui

Marqui

Apparently no one here is aware that the FBI arrested Robin Bruce McNabb in Jan 2009 for wire fraud involving his client's IRAs. Not to mention that the NASD barred him for life back in 2000. I hope no one got involved with this guy! At least the website is gone.

BTW, I watched Rob trade when he was with Online Trading Academy. He did have an eye for the market when he could keep his ego under control. Whenever he got down, instead of taking the quick loss he would just sit there until the market came back. Strangely, it almost always did. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately in this case, he got nabbed a few months later when he 'forgot' to show up in court.

The lesson is: despite appearances, always be VERY careful with whom you get involved.

Marqui

#65     Jun 11, 2010
  6. joe4422

joe4422

Of course a small futures broker who get referrals from a guru and has a business relationship with him, would never ever lie.

If this guy was for real he wouldn't be with a retail newbie broker anyway.

#66     Jun 11, 2010
  7. I have seen Rob McNabb delivering a short segment in an OTA class. He did seem to have a bit of a strange temper (which surprised me then).

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering why he disappeared from OTA.

#67     Jun 11, 2010
  8. Yes they can if the client approves and says its ok.

#68     Jan 6, 2011
  9. Does the guy have over 100 in the room @ $395 a month ($39500 per month) and make $2000 a month trading profits?

Salesman and not trader!

#69     Jan 12, 2011