Online Trading Mentoring?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jr07, Apr 6, 2009.

1. russ1

russ1

I have to agree with previous post............"years, decades of screen time is the only way"
    THERE IS NO EASY WAY.

I have taken so many courses, been with so many mentors, that I forget some of them. Most were not worth it.

I did see Mark Cook set his goals and make his money everyday for three consecutive days...........but much of his knowledge was intuitive and not easily conveyed to me.

Looking back, Why do I continue to use mentors and books? Because my success is marginal, I want to get better, and I think I pick up one or two small tidbits that add to the puzzle each time I read a book or train with a mentor.

#21     Apr 7, 2009
  2. Please explain why all comments are screened. I tried to posting a comment on his YouTube site explaining that with a support or resistance level at every three points on ES is simply ridiculous.

That comment was never posted. Nothing but happy glowing comments are posted. That’s just plain phony.

#22     Apr 7, 2009
  3. Yeap, he did say that.

I don't know if he makes money or not, but I do know he is a liar....

#23     Apr 7, 2009
  4. Eschaton

Eschaton

How is that ridiculous?
    Obviously you were commenting from a standpoint where you already thought his FREE education was worthless.

Have you ever looked at an ES 1 min chart on a chop day? If you did, you would be glad to have these levels closer than farther apart.
    Also if you knew how his levels were created and you would know on which principle they are based, it is actually quite ingenious. Ingenious but simple.

#24     Apr 7, 2009

5. Is that you best response, ask his broker who monitors his chat room lurking for retail clients. You better run along before the members here at ET eat you lunch.

#25     Apr 7, 2009
  6. Absolutely, having these levels close together keeps them traders trading. At that is what our broker Infinity futures likes, as you said they know Robert Hoffman and they are in his chat room. Hey is that a conflict of interest?

#26     Apr 7, 2009
  7. Eschaton

Eschaton

If you knew ánything, even one tidbit, from his style of trading you would laugh at this comment and lyao.

#27     Apr 7, 2009
  8. Term Of Use: everyone better read this several times. Sure hope some is there to answer emails and the phone. If not tuff luck.

Subscriptions may be canceled at any time by either party. These cancellations must be sent via email to students@powercharting.com. When termination is requested by a subscriber, subscription fees are not refunded. Rather, the current subscription will run its course to the end of the current billing cycle, at which point the subscription would then become inactive and the account canceled. Cancellation of service is not official until subscriber receives an email confirmation from Power Charting, Inc., and if your request is not answered in 3 business days, you will need to call us and confirm cancellation.

#28     Apr 7, 2009
  9. Eschaton

Eschaton

Don't have a Paypal account do you?
    You can always unsubscribe there without risk if you don't want to buy a second month. This disclaimer obviously only applies to the first month and I would encourage everybody to first try out the FREE resources first. If I was Robert Hoffman, I wouldn't want complete newbies spamming my chatrooms with questions that are all covered on youtube.

#29     Apr 7, 2009
  10. jr07,

don't expect to find any decent pro's to look over their shoulder (what's in it for them). Seriously, don't fool yourself!! Try and get into the industry and if all else fails, go to work for a prop. firm and set and watch those traders. Don't expect those guys to have some novel indicator, the majority of discretional traders that i know that are successful can't really describe how they do what they do or what their strategy is. Find a NYSE stock and watch it with the open book, level 1, and time and sales. Pull up one chart on daily and your favorite intraday time period, along with the S&p intraday and watch. Don't use any indicators (maybe a moving average if needed). Try and be as objective and observant as possible. Don't read any technical analysis books. If understanding the markets is a foreign language then having any preconceived ideas is like learning a foreign language through another foreign language. Learn about how markets work and who all the major players are. Start reading the wall st. journal and start writing all of your questions in a notebook. Don't spend any of your time listening to guru's. Also know that the markets don't care about what you think, who you are, or how you want to make money in the market. If you have any computer science, statistics, mathematics background, think of ways that you can develop and edge with the programming. Finally, don't listen to Tharp or any other market shrink until you are consistently making money.

I've been doing this professionally for a few years and it all boils down to knowing how to be a good competitor. This competition will, without mercy, show you all of your weakest points. For instance, when I first started trading, I was an indicator whore, then I found out that the market doesn't care about how I want to make money. What the market rewards and what people think the market rewards are almost 2 completely different things.

Learn what a good question is. For instance, you're assuming that your energy is best spent finding a mentor. It that the really the case/. If you're trading because you want less stress in your life and you want to take a few trades in the morning and then spend the rest of the day snow skiing, then you have the wrong idea. From trading, I have no ego and I'm generally a paranoid person, because this paranoia is the only way i can trade successfully. Approach each trade, each strategy, each person that you meet in this business, with extreme reservation.

#30     Apr 7, 2009