Online Trading Mentoring?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jr07, Apr 6, 2009.

1. monti1a

monti1a

NO, it doesn't exist. ALL, of the so-called gurus and trading educators are fraudsters. Take it from someone who has spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on snake-oil salesmen....only to learn how to properly trade from watching simple price action for years.

To become a professional trader you have to avoid THINKING, like the 90% of losers.

Now, I ask you...do you think ET is in the 90% crowd or the 10% crowd. Disregard 99% of what you read on ET because it's full of losers....except this post :D

#11     Apr 7, 2009
  2. Amen, years, decades of screen time is the only way. Read Trading For A living. Learn technical analysis. Read books go to the library. I use to go to Borders every weekend get there early and get a chair and read the book in the store. Yes I’m cheap.

#12     Apr 7, 2009
  3. Robert Hoffmans trading room is only $395.00 per month. Or $4750.00 per year. So let’s say you have a $50.000 trading account. Just to brake even you need make 10% return per year., just to break even.

Oh wait I forgot to add charting software, commissions, slippage. I hope you see were I’m heading. Just to break even with such a small trading account you have make at least 13% return JUST TO BREAK EVEN.

If you have a $250k trading account or larger, you may consider 6 months of his $395.00 service, that would not hurt your account.

SMALL TRADERS WITH SMALL ACCOUNT DON’T FALL FOR THESE SCAMS.

#13     Apr 7, 2009
  4. Eschaton

Eschaton

You are asking at the wrong places. His track record is with Infinity Futures. If you want to know about his track record you should ask them.

#14     Apr 7, 2009
  5. Eschaton

Eschaton

You don't need to be subscribed for a year. It is entirely possible for you to subscribe for only a month, and apply his education to your trading style.
    He teaches you to trade for yourself.
    You don't even have to subscribe as his FREE videos are of that good a quality.

#15     Apr 7, 2009
  6. Eschaton

Eschaton

Ofcourse you will be banned if you post questions in a room that over 100 people have asked in the previous 3 months already and got their answer to.

If you want to ask questions, you can ask in private chat to him and not SPAM the channel like you probably like to do like you do on ET with you 4 supposed "warning" posts that could have all been fit into 1 post.

#16     Apr 7, 2009
  7. Brokers don’t provide other clients trading record to the public, do they?

#17     Apr 7, 2009

8. His free videos simply point out what has all ready happened. Anybody can provide a run down on what happened in prior sessions.

He teaches you to trade for yourself, what is the minimum account size he recommends to his scribers? Or does he even care.

Guess we better read the fine print.

http://www.powercharting.com/termsofuse.html

What is so hard about posting your 1099. He is charging for a service. People need to know. Is this guy legit.

Guess we better read the fine print.

http://www.powercharting.com/termsofuse.html

#18     Apr 7, 2009
  9. Eschaton

Eschaton

Probably no specifics. But all you wanted to ask whether he is a real trader AND profitable.

Robert Hoffman has said multiple times if people don't believe he is a real trader and not reliant on subscription or mentoring or whatever to make a living, ask his broker.

His broker happens to be infinity futures and people working at infinity futures are actually present in the FREE chatrooms to ask questions to. I have not asked myself, but have seen him trading for real so I don't have to ask.

He traded live at the Traders Expo and made money, where you could actually talk to him.

If this guy is snake oil, then everybody is snake oil.

#19     Apr 7, 2009
  10. ATLien

ATLien

That Hoffman guy did a pretty bang up marketing job. I remember him spamming his videos here on tons of different aliases.

"HI SNP500TRADER HERE. JUST WANT TO SHOW YOU MY KEY LEVELS. I JUST DRAW A HORIZONTAL LINE AT EVERY POSSIBLE PRICE PIVOT GOING BACK 20 YEARS. IF PRICE HITS ONE OF THEM, IM RIGHT LOLOLOL"

I'm pretty sure he also said he'd never try to monetize anything, and was doing it out of good will to put other snake oil salesmen out of business. He gets a good following on youtube, puts up his site and starts a pay room.....

There's just too many idiots around. I mean shit, people buy jump ropes without the rope. http://www.jumpsnap.com/

#20     Apr 7, 2009