Online Trading Expo

Discussion in 'Events' started by tradeoes, Feb 21, 2003.

1. I'll be there. I'm looking forward to meeting any of you guys who go. :cool:

PEG LEG

2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

We are leaving tomorrow morning and will be at the Expo all day Saturday and on Sunday morning. If anyone wants to get together I should be easy to find (at the bar).

Brandon

3. nitro

nitro

How will we know it is you? Will you be wearing an Elite Trader T-Shit with peg_leg_joe embroidered on the back?

nitro

4. I thought it was a really good show. Sorry I missed you Barron. Maybe next one.

Jeff---
    www.tradeoes.com

5. wearing a TRADEOES caps

damn ... I forgot to go get one

the realtick shirt is cool

the CBOT mini dow shirt ok

the IB snow scrapers for cars :(

6. Yannis

Yannis

For me this was one of the best NYOTE shows.

Yes, there were fewer people attending (I think) and fewer vendors exhibiting, and fewer silly little things being handed out (just three t-shirts and the OES cap for my son :) )

But, I found the quality of presentations and workshops to be much higher than last year and that was significant for me. Also, the major players (TS, RT, CyberTrader, Fidelity, et al) were better prepared to answer questions and discuss what are the specific advantages that their offerings have vis a vis their competitors'.

Only two vendors were totally rude this time when I explained that I was not interested in their offerings. One of them wanted me to sign up for his rather obscure and off the wall $5,700 trading mentoring program, right there and then! The other one almost kicked me out of their booth when I said that I like decision-support software!!

Last year, that number was five - is it just me or does this sort of annoyance happen to others as well?

Another thing: this was my fourth NY Expo and I had the feeling that I recognized many of the faces and they recognized me, just passing by. Cool feeling, this is getting to be a group, even without actually knowing most of the people of course. In at least 2-3 instances, the conversation started exactly were we had left off a year ago.

Still bugs me though that I had to pay almost $5 for a cup of coffee at the Starbucks down below. One of the speakers said that he had to pay $40 for breakfast. Oh well :D

7. nkhoi

nkhoi

you can get coffee cheaper at vending cart outside the hotel. MACD presentation was good I wish they allocated him more time, see you next year.