Online Trading Expo Report

Discussion in 'Events' started by Baron, Aug 20, 2001.

1. This was not very well attended, probably because it has the "same old thing" type of presentations for the most part. We went beacause we live in Vegas, and even though we have our headquarters here, we choose not to bother exhibiting. The crowd is more of the "old line Money Show" people, who are interested in their retirement money rather than trading.

I am hoping that the Online expo in NYC will return to their roots. I know that we at Bright Trading will be introducion our new program that combines Proprietary trading and Online access. The technology and risk control have finally come together where we feel that we can allow remote traders to have use of capital and all the other benefits our traders.

We want to help support NYC in any case, and hope to see some of you there.

#11     Nov 21, 2001
  2. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Thanks Don.

#12     Nov 21, 2001
  3. Are you saying that next year you will be allowing remote trading for members of your LLC who use BD margins?

#13     Nov 23, 2001
  4. We have expanded our remote access capabilities and software monitoring to allow us to have about 250 remote traders (at this point, more later). We have been holding off on this aspect of trading, since we have had little success with the "betas" we let trade remote. Over the years, however, we have learned quite a bit about how to better handle the trader who (for some reason) wants to stay at home or in a remote office. And, yes, we will be giving great pricing and capital usage to these people as well.

#14     Nov 23, 2001
  5. now that's why I participate in these forums....

LEVERAGE

simply put, credible commentary that's substantive instead of fluff, emotion and fizzle.

feels like the other OTExpo's, perhaps I will comment on the NY one, whence it comes, and should I attend

#15     Nov 25, 2001
  6. Don.

Don't go getting soft on us.... We need an attack man!

After all, those cheesy NASD firms went down with a lot of our (collective) funds...

#16     Nov 25, 2001
  7. We won't be getting "soft" - just a bit gentler until the audience gets serious enough to realize the error of their ways...:)

We have converted a lot of good traders into great traders by showing them the additional trading options available to listed traders.

We will be doing a "Beyond the Snake Oil" tour in 2002, which will be "no holds barred" (within legal and good taste parameters)...in the hopes of exposing the "usual suspects" out there selling all sorts of nonsense to the unsuspecting.

:D

#17     Nov 26, 2001
  8. Don -

Can I get a tour T-shirt? That would be awesome!

Could I do the opening act? I have found some real winners, did you see the guy on eBay selling his Stock and futures system that made him $300k this year (backtested of course) for the low price of $97.00?

I love it...

#18     Dec 20, 2001
  9. Another great idea from the elite board. Sure, ...why not? I have gotten so much info from the "Vegas acts" who show up here at the Lexus Park etc., telling us how to make money with their software and videos that I could probably just start a "Consumers Reports" and retire (again).

Actually, we're going to have some fun with this "tour" thing this time around. I am inviting some of the more reputable people to drop in, and purposely ignoring some of the "hacks" who want to be involved.

Should be fun, we will end in Vegas with an "Evening with"...(tba) "star" type...(probably Leslie Nielsen or Robin Williams)..for a "Money and Funny" night.....see you there...

#19     Dec 20, 2001