Online Trading Academy

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mjh, Dec 4, 2006.

1. That's an interesting analogy. I assume that the master mechanic is also charging me thousands of dollars for the privilege of helping him remove the engine...? If that's the case, then I'm probably better off with the book and some trial & error time on my own.

#11     Feb 2, 2007
  2. Not of you're going to lose thousands during the "trial and error" period. Learning to trade is a pay me now, pay me later kind of a deal. Bottom line is, you're going to pay either way. The trial and error method is like being nibbled to death by a duck. Of course, the pay for training method often results in being scammed. Like I said, you're going to pay.

#12     Feb 2, 2007
  3. Robzebr

Robzebr

The options mechanic is going to charge you 2000 for the 2 day intro options course and 2000 for the advanced course.

Thats for four days at their location.

I just purchased "Options Mastery" from Options University. Its 27 CDs... very detailed from the basics to more sophisticated strategies... $1,200.00

#13     Feb 2, 2007
  4. I guess the ultimate question then is:

Is the Academy a scam or is it worth it?

#14     Feb 4, 2007
  5. Robzebr

Robzebr

Its a school. You pay your money. You show up in the morning, have coffee, tea and assorted scones..

and then an instructor who has traded options in the pit for 20 years or so presents the information.

No its not a scam.

For 5 grand thats what you get.

Thats the going rate for that service.

#15     Feb 4, 2007
  6. I can't stand scones!! I guess I'm out...:)

Seriously, though, thanks for the info.

#16     Feb 5, 2007