Online Trading Academy

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by jonkry, Aug 5, 2008.

1. The problem with most of these companies is most of them aren't really there to HELP you. They give you their insight and thats about it.

Also many of them may help you with a strategy, but they wont guide you through money management or psychology. This has frustrated me a lot. I'm actually in the works of creating a business that is really out there to help traders so that they can learn and actually leave with knowledge and a system to trade with rules and a plan.

I'll keep you guys all updated.

#41     Jun 14, 2009
  2. Cruiser1

Cruiser1

I just got started learning about trading a couple months ago.

After reading a lot and experimenting a bit I started to look into a training program. I quickly became very skeptical of all of them, being a skeptical person.

I read this thread and others before looking into OTA. I went to their free intro class which is a very general overview/intro to trading and then mostly a selling event. I almost got turned off completely as they did a hard sell of their course on a one to one basis, and I never buy things like that on the spot.

After a bit of web research and considering things for a few days, and with mixed expectations, I took their Pro Trader course. I think it went pretty well. I'm guessing there is a lot of different approaches between their instructors and a lot of the things that a few have commented on here (who took the course) didn't have much time spent in our class. I came away thinking the course was worthwhile for me.

I've also signed up for their XLT course - which I've been into for a little over a week. The XLT is a mixture of web based classes and live trading sessions. I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

Ultimately the proof is in the pudding and we'll see how I feel about the experience in a few months. For now I think it is a worthwhile process and I think it is getting me down my path a bit faster than I otherwise could of. Yes the courses are expensive but if it helps me avoid even larger losses, or even gets me where I want to be a few months earlier then it will have been worth it.

I'll be glad to answer questions about my experience here or privately. I'll also try to update my opinion and experiences over the next few months.

#42     Aug 23, 2009
  3. I FINALLY GET IT.
    You can't trust anybody to teach you anything.
    So why should anyone come here anyway except to whine?

#43     Sep 10, 2009
  4. tvuu

tvuu

Good morning guys,
    I'm a new, beginner and I'm just about to sign up for OTA course, but I think it's a bit too expensive. Reading you guys' emails, especially your response Bolimono, I feel more confident to take the course. Your inside information is very helpful.
    Bolimono, your trading room with 18 monitors look impressive.
    I know that it will take time to be as good as you guys, so whatever information you can share with me it would be much appreciate it.
    Good luck

#44     Sep 12, 2009
  5. unfortunately, hope springs eternal.

well, it's bad when you are searching for gold and everyone will sell you a shovel.

i don't like OTA, go figure, I hate them all.

years ago i knew a guy that was associated with this firm. he DIDN'T even trade.

yes, a lot of the information sounds good.

yes, some of them are good public speakers.

i've said it 1000% times....simply ask to see how they have done using a method they want to sell to you.

you are a business owner of your capital, protect it.

when they don't show results, ask other important questions...

like, "can i talk to other students and ask if they made money"

etc...

and try to get at least 5 numbers of people you can call.

Remember, they will have 100 methods, with 30 instructors, and 10,000 stocks..

Of course some will work great!!!

They have a call center that does the hard sell....I wonder why?

I get it, you want to be around people that know more than you..and if you waste money you will feel like now you will work harder.

try to post a tread "Trader in (city) looking for other who trade (instrument)"

it's a better way to go..

#45     Sep 12, 2009
  6. perhaps you can learn everything needed to trade profitably from thebestguruever

he/she is a resident expert on what not to do. perhaps equally expert at precisely what to do, step by step all the way?

#46     Sep 12, 2009
  7. LOL.

How would I do it? Well, first you need enough people, say 200. Then teach fibs, volume, pivots, macd, 1,2,3, gann, elliot wave, etc....

and i'm sure a few students make money, give you un-necessary credit, and you get testimonials.

repeat.

then you try to get one-on-one mentoring, the real money.

suckers.

then i can teach how to put stops just outside of 15-minute highs and lows.....lol

it's all soo stupid.

bottom line: trade less, more size, wider stop, and do it part-time.

#47     Sep 12, 2009
  8. please elaborate for sake of your many followers. specific details appreciated

#48     Sep 12, 2009
  9. so here we are....

now what if i said i do a class on this EXACT thing for $2999?

sounds like a scam...right

OK, how about $1999?

nah, worthless...

how about $399

prob. not

final price......$25

maybe

This is my POINT.

oh, and ALL gurus will take much less than the class suggests.

So if any of you clowns are dumb enough to give OTA money..

offer 20% of cost.

i might answer your question later for FREE..

not sure, i am THE GURU.

#49     Sep 12, 2009
  10. where are we? isnt this a great place for you to share wisdoms for free? think about what a stake through the heart of all gurus that will be. your chance right now to fell them all with one simple flick of keyboards

now go ahead and spell out the keys to trading success with real money in an account, using yourself as an exemplary example

#50     Sep 12, 2009