Online Tradeing Rooms....

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by TOMMYJR9, Jul 4, 2009.

1. 1. You're right, why worry about the future of our education system?

It was in HIS TITLE!! If English is not his first language, then I apologize.

But if you can't spell TRADING, then odds are you have issues. It says level of education is low, and discipline lacking. If I wanted help and wanted to be taken seriously, I would spell things correctly.

So great, now his kids will be emailing in the future:

;laksdjfkla;sjfkla;sfjalks;fjasdklf;jf

l;kasdjfkla;jfklfjdsakl;fjdsaklf;djfasd

and nobody will understand.

thanks.

#11     Jul 5, 2009
  2. Only complete idiot would even think about correcting spelling in INTERNATIONAL trading forum .

To the Original Poster.
    You really have to learn by yourself, there is no other way.

You are the only one who knows what you like to trade and how do you like to trade .

Learn simple trade following strategy, one breakout strategy, combine them and you are good to go( depends on the size of your capital )

Look up DonKee and Tripack posts all you need for starters is there .
    Stocks are suckers game right now IMO, short term futures trading is the only fair game IMO

#12     Jul 7, 2009
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

This is an interesting side note, and then I'll also try to answer the OP's question as well.
    In terms of grammar and spelling, the average American is something around a 4th or 5th grade level. We did a test on a site awhile back, 1.html and 2.html on the page, half the traffic went to 1.html, half went to 2.html. The only difference was that the grammar was pretty bad on 2.html, it was more in line with how the average person would speak, and it outpulled proper grammar by 35%. Of course we got a ton of email's from people telling us how horribly "unprofessional" we looked and that they would never even consider taking advice from someone who's english was so bad, and we just laughed. Actions speak louder, and the proof is in the pudding as they say.
    Now to the Ops question on trading rooms. First of all I'm rather biased about the value of them in that I used to run one, and I also learned a lot from one earlier. From 1998 until 2003 I ran one of the largest chatrooms on the net, we had between 150 and 350 members paying us $200 per month and I think we had a good success rate with our members. A chatroom allows people in a lonely profession to interact with each other, to share ideas, to share struggles and victories. It can be a wonderful community if it's done right.
    I myself learned a lot about trading in Pristine's Real Time Trading Room back around like 1997/98. It was a great place and they explained every single thing they did as they did it, in addition to the calls.
    The main problem with a room is first and foremost finding a good one. Most of them are run by failed traders. However, if you find a good one, that doesnt mean there is not going to be a problem too. If your going to get good results, then you need to take every trade. What tends to happen though in real life is that doesnt happen for any number of reasons. So then you have people either doing a lot better, or a lot worse. The other problem is in terms of your own confidence. Trading is a game where you have to develop the judgment and skills on your own to step up and buy or sell on your own. You shouldn't be relying on another person to give you permission to take a trade, but that tends to be what happens to people in a room. They end up trading by committee, which is the least likely way to succeed.
    Anyway hope this helps.
    Brandon

#13     Jul 7, 2009
  4. I second that.

I currently get my hands dirty in futures trading, mostly trading YM. I am part of a trading room, and it helps me a lot.

Well, one side is learning setups.

The other one is all the in between trade discussions going on. One really learns to be patient, discusses setups etc.

The official performance is great, not everyone makes that (including me), but with the right mindset I stand in front of the mirror end of the day and blame MYSELF for not making it. Jumping in too early, not having the balls and not letting things run.

Still:

* It is a forum of like minded people, and one that does not distract from the markets. This IS a lonely profession.
    * It provides a valuable feedback mechanism.

Not for everyone, maybe. but definitely for me.

#14     Jul 7, 2009
  5. bstay

bstay

i'm currently trading stocks with a chatroom. i'll pm you.

#15     Jul 7, 2009
  6. If you're looking for someone to walk you through trades in real-time along with explanation of the trades...

You're asking for someone to mentor you.

Therefore, read and apply the info at the below links to save yourself a ton of trouble.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32793&perpage=1&pagenumber=7

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66973&perpage=1&pagenumber=3

Seriously, ignore the info at the above links and you'll be very disappointed about trading.

Mark

#16     Jul 7, 2009
  7. Bonpara

Bonpara

www.greatstockpix.com no magic but the guy in there is always very calm and worries a lot about risk. this is what i think people need starting out. need to learn not to lose before you can make money.

#17     Jul 7, 2009
  8. We are well aware of this, you keep mentioning it over and over and over.

Every stupid post you give has to be about promoting your brand and building your rep. Sorry, you are obviously in love with yourself.

Get lost!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, about your two times you said you were leaving this place, including a "Goodbye ET from Brandonf" weep-for-me thread???

#18     Jul 7, 2009
  9. Whoops - you only have #1 in your list, and forgot #2, 3, etc.

Imagine that - a guy who does not realize a list does not have one element.

Now I am worried about the future of our education system. You are nitpicky, self-centered and a hypocrite. Imagine what your kids will be doing!

#19     Jul 7, 2009
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Nah I'm gonna stay around till you leave. I figure I need all the money I'm makin from this joint.

#20     Jul 7, 2009