Online poker legal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Optional, May 17, 2009.

1. Is it legal again?
    Is it a states issue?
    How do Poker Stars and Full Tilt and their clients get along?

2. AAA30

AAA30

3. monti1a

monti1a

4. telozo

telozo

Didn't look up the above sites, but as far as I know it is legal to play poker online. The only thing illegal is for online poker sites to accept money from us residents. So, the problem is getting your money in.

5. GIGM

Should be a good play IF legislation is passed that allows online poker rooms to accept payments from US residents.

6. PokerStars and a couple other sites are alive and well, they are full of US players.

7. EDGE.09

EDGE.09

I play at PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker and I haven't experienced any kinds of problems so far.

The only issue that I got was when I was adding funds to my account. I used my credit card and my bank denied it. They put restrictions that prevent purchases at online gaming sites which is an increasingly common problems for player in the US. Lots of alternatives though so it's really not that big of a deal.

EG

8. bespoke

bespoke

stfu with your spam already. nobody wants to join your site

9. dinoman

dinoman

It is legal, they just made it hard for most people that have Bank issued credit cards.

10. I put 100 bucks into Full Tilt this weekend and have run it up to 800. Will I have a problem taking it out?

#10     May 18, 2009