Online MBA programs

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lasner, Feb 28, 2010.

1. lasner

lasner

Has anyone taken an MBA online. I'm currently looking at some schools maybe DUKE.

Let me know if anyone has had success.

2. aegis

aegis

Does Duke's distance MBA still require a residency? If not, it's a waste of money.

The real value in an MBA program is in the networking opportunities. The degree itself is quite useless, especially if you already have an undergrad business degree from an AACSB accredited school. I'd pursue a masters in something more quantitative like applied stats or operations research.

3. lasner

lasner

yeah I know I've often heard that......crazy it's 100k to get duke's online program

4. That's a lot of money to spend on some BS online videos.

5. higher risk, higher return. :D

6. lasner

lasner

You have to be able to get something from it. A friend of mine from high school went to DUKE for his MBA and he's high up at Goldman. He didn't do the online MBA he went there full time

7. You can enter MBA program straight from high school?

How long is the full time MBA program in duke?

8. Full time MBA's are usually 2 year programs. MBA is good to transition into a BB in S&T, not as good for Prop funds.

No idea about online degrees, but never heard of anyone on WS with one.

9. lasner

lasner

I interviewed at temple to get my MBA and got in. During the interview they told me whenever they get calls for verification they don't even check whether it was online, part time or full time.

Temple is not that bad top 50....i'm sure duke they check

10. How did you do on your GMAT?

#10     Mar 7, 2010