Online dating websites

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NasdaqTrader, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOL seems like a reasonable request....

#11     Jan 15, 2010
  2. Probably ads.

#12     Jan 15, 2010
  3. I'm not asking for much, just a few easy made millions and a life of leisure and luxury.

#13     Jan 15, 2010
  4. I'd like my site to be ad free, so that I don't have to subject the paying members to non-stop commercials.

#14     Jan 15, 2010
  5. All markets are tapped out with one exception. The old perv market. There's a never ending supply of old dudes looking for some twenty something that digs older guys. Here's the skinny on how it's done.
    Women join for free. You might consider visiting a few strip joints and offering a "donation" if they sign up on your site. You can give them sample ads to write, but they all go along this line. Horny young girl looking for older man. I've been bad lately so I might need a spanking.
    Then sit back and let the flood gates open. The old pervs will pay and pay.
    I'm too smart to have ever fallen for such a scam, but I have heard it to be true.:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Seriously though, that's the only market not fully penetrated, no pun intended.:p Adult Friend Finder has been around for quite some time and has made a ton with just that scheme.

#15     Jan 15, 2010
  6. Good point, and the old pervs couldn't care less about paying 30 bucks a month or whatever..

#16     Jan 15, 2010
  7. You're a funny guy.
    I think you will be successful with your idea.......in Fantasy Land. Let me know when you find it, because I also have a goal, to make a billion dollars by creating a personal blog where I talk about random musings and have a weekly special article by the tooth fairy.

#17     Jan 15, 2010
  8. you're better off investing the $7000 in lottery tickets. your business plan is about as thorough and realistic as an 8 year old's plan for setting up a lemonade stand.

no one is gonna pay $30/mo for a brand new site with no members.

also, my opinion is that these online dating sites are a declining or flat market. social sites like myspace and facebook have taken away much of the market share. they're free and don't have the negative stigma associated with online dating even though they are in fact online dating sites in disguise.

#18     Jan 15, 2010
  9. sorry but you're late to the party. that market is indeed penetrated (pun intended). there are all sorts of sugar daddy websites that promise to hook up hot 20-somethings with older horny guys looking for a trophy gf to make his ex-wife jealous. google it

#19     Jan 15, 2010
  10. I would start by offering a 2 or 4 week free trial. Once the site has grown pretty big, I may then consider not offering a free trial.

#20     Jan 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.