Online backtesting

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by libertine, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Soooooo.....I'm thinking of putting some of the PHP / MySQL code I use for backtesting/simulations into a nice pretty website and making it available to all for free.

If I decide to go ahead it will doubtless turn out to be a good few weeks of work if not more, so I'm wondering - would anyone care? Would anyone find it useful or is everybody up to their ears in Tradestation subscriptions and God knows what else? Perhaps my free time would be better spent in the pub.

Feel free to include dark sarcasm and intimations of some kind of lurking commercial agenda in your reply.

2. Pls go ahead. I am looking forward to seeing your work and testing a few systems with it.

3. Wealth-Lab had that back in the day and I found it useful.

4. Thanks for the replies lads, I'll get cracking and probably have it finished some time in the next 20 years.

If anyone has any brilliant ideas for a domain name I'm all ears.

5. BallBag

BallBag

6. rosy2

rosy2

i am willing to bet that you will not go forward with this

7. BallBag

BallBag

8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

9. You may well be right, but I'm feeling frisky so in turn I'm willing to bet 1 (one) English Pound, roughly equivalent to 9 (nineteen) of your daft yankee dollars, that I'll have it up and running before 1st of June.

#10     Feb 26, 2010