OneChicago Receives Approval To Launch Nov. 8

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Cdntrader, Nov 7, 2002.

1. OneChicago Receives Approval To Launch Nov. 8

CHICAGO, IL – November 7, 2002 – OneChicago, LLC today announced that it has received regulatory approval to list security futures for trading beginning Nov. 8.
    Trading will begin at 9:15 a.m. Eastern time on futures on 21 single stocks.
    OneChicago is a joint venture of the Chicago Board Options Exchange® (CBOE®), Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. (CME) and the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT®). OneChicago security futures will be physically settled at expiration, electronically traded on the CBOEdirect® match engine, accessible through the CBOEdirect and GLOBEX® platforms and can be traded out of either a securities or a futures account.
    For more information about OneChicago and its products, please access the OneChicago Web site at www.OneChicago.com.

2. thx.

3. And not a minute too soon!

4. Harvey Pitt: "Sure, let'em trade the single stock thingies. Who cares? I won't be here in a month!"

5. Te'

Te' Guest

Those 'narrow-range' sectors sure do look pretty interesting :cool:

6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

So, how long do you think it'll be till the goons in the SEC apply PDT to SSF's? Any takers for a pool bet?

B

7. Te'

Te' Guest

Who cares Brandon? Well I can see why you do, but for me I'd rather talk IDEAS -----> knowhatimean?

8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Well....I think I can scrap together $25,001, even if I have to go collect pop cans along the side of the road for the extra $1.00.

Brandon

9. Te'

Te' Guest

Not at all what I meant Brandon...

I don't doubt you can scrape up 25large; for all those 2-300$ subscriptions add up...

10. It would be fun if we could see what will be going on behind the scene the first few days of SSF trading. I imagine there are lots of exchange market maker types ready to add fake trading liquidity to keep the SSFs afloat until the real volume picks up. Should be interesting!!

#10     Nov 8, 2002