one year later: Congress Fails To Pass A Single Oil Spill Law.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 20, 2011.

1. instead of clinging to your superstitions maybe you could try thinking through your blind ideology. if you did you might remember that obama had egg on his face because right before bp blew up he expanded offshore drilling. hardly the act of someone who wanted to " seeks to cut all offshore drilling".

#11     Apr 21, 2011
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Absolute nonsense.

The Obama regime want all offshore drilling in North America stopped but supports Brazil drilling offshore. Obama has said he needs energy prices to be very high in the USA to reduce our carbon footprint. Developing nations need to be allowed to produce more carbon so their economies can "catch up" to the USA.

He is spreading the wealth around...globally.

#12     Apr 21, 2011
  3. strike 2. wrong again. flyover country is well informed. note the date.
    CAROL E. LEE | 3/31/10 6:24 AM EDT
    President Barack Obama launched an ambitious plan on Wednesday to lift a decades-long moratorium on offshore oil drilling along the East Coast from Delaware to Florida, in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska.

“This is not a decision that I’ve made lightly,” he said in remarks at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland. “But the bottom line is this: given our energy needs, in order to sustain economic growth and produce jobs and keep our businesses competitive, we are going to need to harness traditional sources of fuel, even as we ramp up production of new sources of renewable, homegrown energy.”

#13     Apr 21, 2011
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Tripe. He means to shut them down. No coal production either.

Obama believes in windmills and solar farms LOL. :D

#14     Apr 21, 2011
  5. you are consistant.the old saying" dont bother me with the facts,my mind is already made up" sure fits you.

i am sure bp considers it a good investment to buy republicans. they did win the battle.

NEW YORK -- On the first anniversary of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill that killed 11 workers, oil giant BP revealed via mandatory disclosure forms that it spent at least $2 million on federal lobbying in the first quarter of 2011 on a wide range of issues, from advocating for an end to the offshore drilling moratorium imposed by President Barack Obama in the wake of the spill to caps on its contributions to the restoration of the Gulf Coast.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/bp-lobbying-2011-q1-2-million_n_851842.html

#15     Apr 21, 2011