One World Gov/New World Order/Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MondoTrader, Oct 14, 2002.

1. there is an under current in many contemporary debates. We hear a lot about the "NEW WORLD ORDER", and "INTERNATIONAL LAW", and such things. I first heard about such things in college about 10 years ago and dismissed them as conspiracy theories. Then I started hearing "New world order" from G.H.W. Bush. Afterwards I started learning about the CFR, the Trilateral Commission, and the growth of the U.N. At this point, I am convinced that there are many that are truly seeking world government.

As you may have guessed I am a conservative and an american citizen, but I am interested in other points of view on this matter since it will effect all of us.

2. "In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single, global authority. National sovereignty wasn't such a great idea after all."

Strobe Talbot, President Clinton's Deputy Secretary of State, as quoted in Time, July 20th, l992.

3. There has already been a very strong economic world order where countries with money have more influence than a country with little money.

Since the passage of numerous free-trade legislation, what happens in one country affects what may happen in another. Isolationism died off with World War I.

4. Man, will it almost be like the NWO vs. "The Resistance" in some of the sci-fi movies that take place in like 2050? Also if you believe in Christian stuff, the Antichrist will successfully unite all nations and people under his flag (or something like that).

5. the way I understand the christian stuff is:

The anti-christ will be an extremely popular political figure. He will emerge from the the revived Roman Empire, otherwise known as the European Union, nobody will have any clue he is anti-christ, he will just be a man. There will be lots of strife and problems in the middle east, and a charismatic leader will create a global peace treaty which includes Israel. Everyone will follow this leader as the rescuer of the world and he will become the leader of a one world government. Things will seem really great, but unknown to the masses the time of "tribulation" will have begun which lasts 7 years. A new temple will be built in israel, and the jews will resume animal sacrifice in the temple. After a few years the world leader will sit upon a throne in the temple and declare himself to be God on earth. At that point the Jews and the Moslems will come together and think he is the Messiah, while the christians will be freaked and start rebelling. At the end of the 7 yr tribulation period there is a final battle between good and evil called Armageddon ( and you thought it was just a movie with bruce willis ). During Armageddon most of the earth will be destroyed by fire ( sounds like nuclear holocaust to me ). However, some people will be chosen by God to survive and they will rebuild and live happily ever after.

I know there are people that don't care because they aren't religious. But, if you just read it as a metaphor, it really isn't all that far fetched.

6. not far fetched? in the words of GG: L O L ! ! !

that is more than just far fetched, that is off the rocker ludicrous

7. Daniel,

Many people thought the world being round was "Off the Rocker ludicrous."

The Anti-Christ might be Osama.

8. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

i thought we already decided the anti-christ was Bill Clinton...."he received a mortal 'blow' in 98' and came back to life......he also was instrumental in the oslo agreement.....he's got my vote!!!!

9. far fetched ?

- its not far fetched that there will be a charismatic new leader coming out of the EU.

-its not far fetched that there will be a world government, and that world gov could be headed up by a european politician.

-there are already plans to rebuild the great temple in israel.

Perhaps if you are an atheist you may have trouble getting past the mystical stuff. Try reading it just as a sci-fi novel, and it will make more sense to you.

10. tampa

tampa

Conservative?

What you are is someone opposed to "one man, one vote".

You want your vote to count more than another's.

Conservative, my ass...

#10     Oct 15, 2002