One World Currency

Discussion in 'Economics' started by lasner, Mar 20, 2011.

1. I bet the dollar will be around for 10,000 years.:D

#11     Mar 21, 2011
  2. Credit cards are the World's FIAT.

#12     Mar 21, 2011
  3. DUH! That's why it's a "store of value". And it SHOULD be "lent at interest"... that's how capitalism works.

#13     Mar 21, 2011
  4. zdreg

zdreg

it will be a collector's item.

#14     Mar 21, 2011
  5. If USD is abondoned, America will perish overnight

The only thing that keeps USA from falling is definitely and obviously the power that it gets from printed paper.

Without USD, USA is NOTHING

#15     Mar 21, 2011
  6. Once oil is priced in something other than USD's then people will wake the hell up when it comes to all this funny money floating around.

#16     Mar 21, 2011
  7. Nice thing about Promise Language is USD sticks around. But it gives the population a choice to use gold, silver, land, yen, euros, etc.

#17     Mar 21, 2011
  8. I think the thing thats missing is that money needs to be a store of value. I would suggest looking at the rules that defined what qualities things needed to have to serve as money. Obviously paper is worthless. It amazes me that every few hundred years people are tricked into thinking its money.

I think different things, like gold appear to be "hoarded", and seem to disappear when we have laws that require people to sell it for something worthless, like paper, or digital promises of worthless paper.

For example, I might be willing to trade my old scrap silver coins for fuel or food or land, but not at their "face" value, because it has been debased.

BTW, previous times the metals went into "hiding" were during the previous depression and just prior to the French revolution to name a couple. When money goes worthless, it gets spent or invested first, and the metals are hidden. I expect to see the same thing happen in this depression.

#18     Mar 22, 2011