One trader's story, with returns history

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by MarketScientist, May 1, 2010.

1. One other point I noticed was that MarketScientist quoted specific annual returns. This is something people rarely do and I think one reason is because many people may not know their annual returns, after accounting for deposits, withdrawals, etc.. I was curious how my results compared and I realized I don't have good records for my results in 2006, 2007. For 2008 I have the statements handy and an approximation of my return. From the start of 2009 I can cite my track record using a number of measures for any and all of my accounts for any timeframe using weekly data, and I can cite trade statistics as well, by strategy. I don't think it's a coincidence that the more attention I've paid to keeping track objectively of how I'm doing, the better I've done.

#21     Jun 1, 2010
  2. you say traditional techincal analysis will surely lead to failure so do you mean you need to combine and alter indicators that fit above and beyond what all the other herders are seeing or do you mean to win you must become a quant?

#22     Jul 3, 2010
  3. jtnet

jtnet

do you trade from work on the clock?

#23     Jul 6, 2010
  4. I'm not saying technical analysis will definitely lead to failure. It is true that there are studies showing that, on average, those who use a technical trading strategy under perform other traders. But that's an average - I'm sure there are some successful technical traders out there.

I do not trade from work.

#24     Jul 7, 2010