One post journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by rs7, Oct 4, 2002.

1. RAY

RAY

...Just do what I do... Almost nothing.

You did (and will continue if you stay) add many good things to this "space."

If you do go, good luck and god speed.

#11     Oct 4, 2002
  2. this place is TIRED

made my last post Monday and was just on here to contact someone off my buddy list...

please feel free to keep intouch over the email buddy...

PEACE and good trading my friend,
    Commisso

#12     Oct 4, 2002
  3. doher

doher

for your time and input

wishing you the very best

doher

#13     Oct 4, 2002

4. What's with the EFL? I have the worst backs ever. Tom Brady is good, but slowing down.

How the heck do people get on this site and do 20 posts a day? It's almost worth it , just to get some laughs.

Hey commiso, I need a good running back....I'm willing to get rid of Manning. Give me an offer.

#14     Oct 4, 2002
  5. I would like to be counted as one who has read most of your posts with interest, and on several occasions have printed up some very useful info. So I don't feel like you have wasted your time.

But you may be justified in your feelings as I don't really know what happens in the other threads, as I have learned (trial and error!) how to use this board, which threads to stay away from, and which ones have the serious traders contributing who I can learn from.

Hopefully one day I can return the favor to some other novice as you have done, but I still have quite a ways to go in the learning of this great game.

Please tell your wife that there are some who are appreciative of your time! :+)

XGG

#15     Oct 4, 2002
  6. Being in a forum board is like being in a bar, you always have idiots around, except that in a bar, you could move to another stool, and be sourrounded by good friends.
    I respect rs7's decision, might as well he could spend more time with his familly, God knows how much time and effort the market takes from us.
    Long life and prosper, trader friend! :)

Cheers !!! :(

#16     Oct 4, 2002
  7. wow, never realised how close to their hearts ET is for some people!

i wouldn't have thought YOU would be the type to get upset at the close-mindedness (if that's indeed what it is) of other posters. changing other people's minds is nigh on impossible on a message board, hell, it's damn freakin hard in "real life" too, but at least you get to read reactions and can afford to be patient. on a message board it's pretty much you state your opinion, they state theirs. most of the benefit is for third parties. that's the way i see it anyhow.

hope this doesn't mean you're gonna leave the ET FFL! (uptik2000, forget it bro, no amount of new backs is gonna help you against me! )

to all those people tired of ET. wonderful. thanks for sharing the great news!
    seriously. is there really any need to tell everyone how you feel about it? don't like it, don't have to read it. doesn't get much simpler than that. for the most part, i agree that the quality of discussion is less than what it was 1, 2 years ago (not that i was around back then, but i've spent a lot of time reading old threads). that's just the way it goes though. most of what there is to be talked about has already been talked about by the "old guard", and then you're left with very little to discuss. a new generation comes along and brings up all the classic topics, you get some new insights (maybe better ones), a new crop of newbies looking for all the answers, a new "event" (9.11, PDT rule, "pick the bottom of the bear" for examples) etc etc and life goes on. fwiw, i'll be sticking around.

#17     Oct 5, 2002
  8. rs7

rs7

Nope, it isn't about being "upset"....it is about being disgusted. It saddens me that "closed-mindedness" is so fashionable today. I am glad I grew up in a time of open-mindedness, with love, peace and rock and roll as our foundations of belief. So I would rather spend my time with like minded instead of narrow minded people.

I expect to win the FFL:)
    I am not a quitter, I just know when to step away. There is a difference.

rs7

#18     Oct 5, 2002
  9. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

ET suffers from the market's condition.
    This year, even more than last year, there is no place for luck and amateurism.
    That gets people frustrated and stressed.
    You can read it in the threads. More and more are just negative, not even believing it can be done anymore. Of course it's not true.
    But the ones who makes it get tired of the negativism. The bad feeling finds itself quickly in majority and gets momentum.

There are still great contributions and interesting new forums added.
    But as long as the market is not more forgiving the ratio here will be boring.

This is a cycle, so it will turn around, no problem. in the meantime, many silly posts and opinions.

#19     Oct 5, 2002

10. hahaha! rs7 my friend your beginning to sound like one of them "good old days" guys. next step is you move down to florida... oops you're already there. gulp! :)

rather spend time with "like minded" than "narrow minded"? hmm, i hope anyone that isn't "like" minded isn't automatically "narrow" minded (have you been taking lessons from TF2000 or something?? :))

cheer up dude. you can't make blanket statements that the world is close minded just from a few observations on a message board. ET's about trading, so on threads that discuss politics, religion etc, you're mostly only gonna get the extremists from each position (like me! :)) posting away.

#20     Oct 5, 2002