One page scrolling in a thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by volpri, May 15, 2023.

1. volpri

volpri

Is there a way to make posts in a thread be one continuous page with the attachments and charts therein instead of splitting it up into multiple pages for viewing? That is, one page to just scroll down and not have have to clik on the next page to see more posts in that tread?

2. I think this was mentioned before. The problem is that long threads might put too much demand on the servers.

3. volpri

volpri

Well how do you then save an entire thread as one pdf file vs each page of the thread being a separate pdf file? Then one could view or even print it.

4. cesfx

cesfx

How about the thread tool>export thread option, top right.

It will show it all in text, won't look the same but it could be edited and saved somewhere else.

5. volpri

volpri

That option won’t include graphics and charts in the thread.

cesfx likes this.
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Aside from saving you a handful of clicks, it's not exactly clear to me how such a feature would benefit you, especially considering that many attachments like zip files, videos of all types, sound files, etc. are not "printable" to a PDF or paper.

7. volpri

volpri

Say i wanted to print for my personal use an entire thread with all the graphics and charts therein in one wack from my computer to printer without doing each page of the thread in ET one by one. Or say I wanted a digital copy to just look at and read if not around internet. I don’t care about sound files or videos but charts within a thread someone has posted,.. yes.

if there was a feature in ET that would allow one to adjust the amount of posts on page that a thread can show then that could serve to print the entire thread as one page. I don’t know what the max posts on a single page with ET is or defaults to but being able to adjust that could be helpful.

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

We used to offer a feature like that, but the number of times it was used became smaller and smaller with each passing year.

One idea I've been kicking around lately is creating downloadable PDFs with each one called "The Wisdom of (username)", which would be curating popular threads from a notable member and then editing them down to remove useless comments and also include all charts and attachments inline with the text. And this would be delivered as a single PDF that could be purchased, downloaded and viewed using whatever device the customer wants.

river likes this.
  9. Trader13

Trader13

Why does the Export Thread feature capture only four posts and not the entire thread, or at least the entire page?

10. Trader13

Trader13

Bingo! Thank you :)

#10     Aug 26, 2023