One of the most satisfying things I've done recently

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by themickey, May 6, 2018.

1. themickey

themickey

Usually I go to bed reasonably early and wake early. However I may spend a couple of hours at both ends perusing the markets & ET on a tablet & chromebook all the while listening to music of a commercial radio station in the background.
    Where I live there is a very poor choice on radio stations, constant commercials and chatter from dj's.
    I have a couple of tablets, one is old and seldom used so I decided to utilise it and downloaded the Spotify App.
    Now I have constant streaming music, choosing my own style of music/artists.
    All free!
    Only 1 commercial interuption of about 15 seconds long every about 15 minutes.

Gaslight Capital likes this.
  2. _eug_

_eug_

I used spotify as well. It's worth it to pay and get the premium version.

themickey likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

I used to use Pandora. I still do, but I used to too.

(one candy for recognizing the quote)

Gaslight Capital and themickey like this.
  4. themickey

themickey

Right......
    Never looked into this b4.
    No candy for me, don't recognise the quote, but then that is normal as I'm a bit of a dumb shit when it comes to social media.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

“I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.”

Mitch Hedberg

Gaslight Capital and Cuddles like this.
  6. mlawson71

mlawson71

Music just distracts me when I am trading, I prefer silence for the most part.

EliteBeliever likes this.
  7. themickey

themickey

Yes definitely! I prefer silence a lot of the time, in actual fact I havent turned on a tv for some months now as an example.
    Very early in the morning (like about 3am when I wake) I'll quietly run music in background while looking how the market has closed overseas. Evening prior to sleep, will again do that but generally checking any straggling news and maybe ET.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  8. mlawson71

mlawson71

In the early mornings I blast music in my ears with headphones because it wakes me up, since I don't really drink coffee. :D

9. Variss

Variss

According to a research 90% of the smartphone users spend 2-3 hours with their phone on the sleeping bed before sleeping which is really a bad habit according to the doctors. The smartphone usage at night causes sleeping disorder especially insomnia. Stay healthy folks!

murray t turtle likes this.
  10. themickey

themickey

Have subscribed about 2 weeks ago now to the premium version.
    Extremely happy with that choice.
    As a by, they were offering 3 months introduction for 99c.
    I will continue to subscribe, very high quality music imo.
    I have an old tablet not used much, so downloaded the Spotify App onto that, then plugged the tablet into my sound bar.

#10     Jul 21, 2018