One more question before HW buy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Trader_Rabbitt, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Surdo

Surdo

I do not see the advantage of Wide Screen monitors, other than they "look cool". I measured a 19' Wide screen VS a square monitor, the WS had a few less inches of screen real estate.

You also wind up with rectangle charts which are annoying.

el surdo

#11     Aug 7, 2007
  2. Enginer

Enginer

I realize this might be a little late for your decision, but perhaps interesting to some others...

I have found Dell to be a good choice when bought through an account rep for a major Dell commericail account (say at an engineering office or medical center) because such reps have an incredible ability to be flexible.

I have found (after recommending against Dell home/personal purchases) that on line help tends to be overseas and totally inadeqate. The Commercial help is another story. It used to be sited in US or Canada, and is supperior to home version, which must be a separate division.

At the moment I would definitely recomend XP Professional over Vista. Don't get XP home, as it lacks important networking modules.

I, too, like AMD, but Management is it's own worse enemy. Seems like they have a death wish...Taking the 939 off the market when they couldn't meet demand for new processors lost them the enthusiast market and trashed their credibility.

#12     Aug 15, 2007