One Man's Reaction To Obama's/Brown's Tax Increases

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 21, 2013.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Yep, and he could play another 5 years on the regular tour -- make a lot more $$$ -- but miss his kids growing up which he could never get back. Retire now with quality family time and he can always go back and play the Champions Tour in 10 years or so if he wants/needs more $$$.

#21     Jan 22, 2013
  2. Truth be told, and I'm betting Phil has already worked this out...but I bet that he can still retain some of his endorsement deals and play in a handful of Majors and probably still make a big chunk of change.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but a few years back he was in the 60-70mil+ range per year...and less than 10% of that was actual PGA Tour Earnings.

#22     Jan 22, 2013
  3. JamesL

JamesL

4. pspr

pspr

#24     Jan 22, 2013
  5. I guess this is the Phil Michelson victim/sympathy thread.

#25     Jan 22, 2013
  6. jem

jem

what a jerk that brown guy was in the video.
    what phil can not express something that hits him personally when the left slobbers all over themselves to allow hollywood fools to voice their opinion on gun bans and every other leftists causes.

The govt is stealing our money.
    Making the extra CA income tax retroactive, is theft.

#26     Jan 22, 2013
  7. Max E.

Max E.

TIGER WOODS: I LEFT CA BECAUSE OF HIGH TAXES ... IN '96

On Tuesday, Tiger Woods said he moved from California to Florida in 1996 to avoid the state's high taxes.
    Woods was at Torrey Pines preparing for this weekend's PGA tournament near La Jolla, California when reporters asked if he would respond to Phil Mickelson's comments on Sunday that California's high tax rate would force Mickelson to either move out of the state or make "drastic changes" to his career. Woods said:
    "I moved out of here back in '96 for that reason. I enjoy Florida but it was also...I understand what he was I think trying to say. I think he'll probably explain it better in a little bit more detail."
    Woods was raised in Cypress, California, which is in Orange County. He grew up playing and learning golf on a public golf course--Dad Miller Golf Course. He also attended Stanford University in Northern California and was an Orange County resident before making the move in 1996 to Florida. Florida has no state income tax.
    California does have a state income tax. And after California voters passed proposition 30 last November, those making over $1 million now have to pay a 13.3% state income tax rate. Woods and Mickelson rank first and second, respectively, in career earnings on the golf course. Woods has earned over $100 million while Mickelson has made nearly $70 million. They have made more off the course in endorsements.

#27     Jan 23, 2013