One Man's Journey: A Path to Homelessness

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lolatency, Nov 10, 2008.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Boric acid and that white powder they use in pools. No, not bleach, demascus earth or something like that. Anybody with a pool has a big damn box of the stuff, ask em for a cup.

Careful not to get boric acid in food or your lungs. It's not terrible, IIRC but it's still a bad idea. This process takes a while. Roaches can live for an astonishing amount of time without food or water. I caught one and he lived for a freaken month in a jar. Things are pure Evil.

If you use the bait traps, it seems like A: roaches still like food better, so clean up and B: the brand name ones seem to be better than the second rate ones.

#11     Nov 10, 2008
  2. Diatomaceous earth:cool:

#12     Nov 10, 2008
  3. but don't breathe that stuff

#13     Nov 10, 2008
  4. Leave New York. Cost of living elsewhere is just more livable. Move back once you've gotten on your feet. Go to school somewhere else too.

#14     Nov 10, 2008
  5. Hahahaha! Excellent post. Blend of humor and information.

#15     Nov 11, 2008
  6. You could enlist in the military. You'll get room and board. More importantly you'll get some perspective on how "tough" your current life is.

#16     Nov 11, 2008
  7. I would have a long time ago, except I don't feel like joining the military these days has anything to do with service for the US. It has everything to do with service for private corporate interests.

There was a huge loss of freedom over the last 50 years, so joining the military does nothing for protecting freedom.

The patriots who died in the revolutionary war died for America. The patriots who're dying in Iraq are dying so Shell Oil can get massive oil field development contracts.

#17     Nov 11, 2008
  8. I am going to try this trick. Last night, the roaches were all over me while I was sleeping. I was batting them all night long. Fucking roaches, they are out of control.

I got the boric acid. Getting the sugar next.

#18     Nov 12, 2008