One if by land, two if by sea, three if by air

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hii a_ooiioo_a, Apr 8, 2003.

1. My response:
    This war is not a just war. This war is a manipulative contrivance by the Bushes to push their own personal longstanding vendetta. The World Trade Center attacks were deftly used by the Bush regime to manipulate this country's consent to their psychotic obsession with Hussein.

The notion of a "Just War" is incredibly similar to the Islamic notion of Jihad "Holy War". Basically, the Bushes have brought us back 1,000 years to the Crusades against the Saracens.

p.s. Richard the Lionhearted, King of England who spent most of his time in Crusades in the the Middle East, spent a total of six months his entire life in England. He was a Frenchman. Mentioned as a side note.

#21     Apr 8, 2003
  2. hii-

Enjoy your march. And while you're walking along the Charles or where ever you might be in our beautiful country, think about how lucky you are to have the ability to protest and express your feelings. And when you walk to your home, and have a nice hot dinner, consider yourself lucky to have those things.

And before you go to sleep secretly thank every U.S. Military serviceman that fought and died to allow you to have those things.

And if you don't feel like doing that, you always are FREE to leave. A luxury given to you by the fighting men and women of the United States of America.

Happy Trading.:)

#22     Apr 8, 2003

3. everyone in the Nation should read this idiotic reply of "Ebo"

Whats' your name, rank and serial number Ebo?! Because guys like you... brave arm-chair heroes and patriots sitting at home (ala Vietnam) and saying "love it or leave it" are the REAL enemies to a thriving healthy Democracy. In case you're too young or too ignorant to have studied history and/or to understand the nature of a truly FREE people... it is that we respect all viewpoints of our fellow citizens!

That "morons" like you and others on certain chit chat boards here on ET (and elsewhere) cannot even FATHOM an opposing point of view on this Iraqi attack ... no matter how well-articulated, is a testimony to the ignorance that still, and likely will for a long time... pervade the US electorate.

There is NO doubt that this is an attack. EVEN IF the results are good... which "could" be good for the world... it still is a precedent that I personally do not want to make a HABIT.

We have an international community of leaders, a UN and a Congress. Thus I call guys like you morons because do you not know what is their purpose! The USA was NOT founded on being a bully! Got it. We fought to rid ourselves OF A BULLY. It does NOT serve our interests well to become one, and then to RATIONALIZE our actions by the end results.

We have power. We can attack any Nation we disagree with and win. Government via the media sheep can always strong-arm other Nations, the UN and the brain-dead American electorate into supporting anything whether legal or ethical or moral. Look at the ratings on the last episode of The Bachelor. THAT is indicative of the value system and intellect of the "majority" of Americans.... many of whom are pointed to as "supporting" this war. When in fact you could persuade (via propaganda and the media) a large number of the American population to support lynching in public. That's how low the values of many here have fallen.... and how much they have forgotten the true meaning of the USA and it's "American Dream"; and it's presumed role as a leader for PEACE.

It is because of our vast POWER... to do good OR evil... that we need to be EVER mindful and keep it in check. Or risk becoming unknowingly.... as bad or worse than our presumed enemies!! Got that (there's going to be a test later)?? :)

I am curious when I read hostile replies to "anti-war" protestors what you and others really get out of this attack on Iraq?! Huh? What? What does it do for YOU personally that makes you so rude and seemingly provokes such ignorant replies to others? It can't be that you are so sensitive to the the needs of the Iraqi people! Because I would venture to say you (And EVERY other macho war-monger posting here) never spoke a single word or exercised a single act of support to demonstrate your concern for the 'plight' of the "Iraqi people" BEFORE March, 2003. Nope. The media and government hypnotized you by back-up propaganda... (in case they did not find WMD or nukes over there)... the original reason given for the atttack... into believing that the ...primary... reason was helping Iraqi's freedom rather than an after-thought to "save face"!

Brother, to sum this all up... you and many (who don't even know better) are followers, sheep, hypnotic brain-dead victims of our media and "24/7" war coverage society. In case you forgot I will remind you...... guys (like me and others) who speak out and oppose, who create debate and remind us of what we STAND FOR (not just military might) are ones who will keep this country free and strong. NOT JUST faux patriotic sheep, who persistently graze on what someone else in government TELLS THEM IS SO! And believes it all...... hook, line and sinker!

Think for yourself.. and react from intellect and brain, not only from your gut emotions and machismo related only to your patriotic feelings.

And if you're so patriotic... NEXT TIME... get a gun and stand watch brother. Only then can you understand what "war" is and why it should be avoided at ALL costs.

Ice:cool:

#23     Apr 8, 2003
  4. VOLUME

VOLUME

You are an absolute disgrace. Right or wrong, support our troops while they are on the battlefield.

When they come home after defending sorry asshole's like you, then you can go hug a tree.

#24     Apr 8, 2003
  5. white17

white17

Finally the crux of Hii's position. He still can't get past the 2000 election.

#25     Apr 8, 2003
  6. If George Bush is my leader not yours, who is your leader?

Do you believe there was a legitimate threat from Iraq to the American people? If so, what was your suggestion for dealing with the threat? Would you be backing this war if the UN had agreed to another resolution authorizing force? Under what circumstances other than being attacked directly should the US use military force (If any)?

#26     Apr 8, 2003
  7. hey hotshotl... WHY don't you give your intelligent and insightful answer to that... because any garden-variety grammar school kid can ask the questions you just did. And as an amateur psychologist (trader) you sound to me like potentially another brain-washed American citizen (and I was born here brother) who can't think for themselves.

So WOW us.. and give us YOUR opinion; don't cross-examine others!

I'd rather have a fellow American with passion who stands for something AND also can INTELLIGENTLY articulate what and why he or she does... than wishy washy armchair quarterbacks who get a hard-on from watching CNN "war" coverage... but never lifted a finger to defend this Country. And can only oppose by name-calling and macho talk! And tell others with whom they disagree to LEAVE!

I will tell you something that will change your life bro... CRITICS like you... followers like many with this Iraqi-attack.. are a DIME A DOZEN. But leaders in our electorate are few. The few, the proud, the brave are NOT only Marines. There are also Americans in our ranks... who have the wisdom to question government and seek to put perspective on the issue of force! Strong Americans (like me and others on both sides of this issue) speak out with reason and can articulate their views... intelligently. So even if others disagree, we all might learn and look at things just a little different. That is how a person and A NATION... continues to grow and thrive!

So offer some intelligent reply to my last two posts... it might help YOU and us, grow! :)

Ice:cool:

#27     Apr 8, 2003
  8. ktm

ktm

To me, it's a tough call...but I'll answer your question from my point of view. It's about the oil. Sure, Saddam tortured and killed many. To a lesser degree, torture is commonplace in that part of the world and many countries still practice it. Treating your people poorly and oppressing them isn't enough in my opinion. He would probably have turned into a bigger real threat to the US at some point, but others are more imposing and threatening even now - witness N. Korea. I'll even go so far as to say we'd have to plant some WMD if we don't find any - so the media and UN can come in and take pictures and validate our assertions.

I've read studies that claim there is likely more oil under Iraq than Saudi Arabia. Given that every $1 drop in the price of oil equates to something like a 3% GDP increase for us, cheap oil for the long haul is ensuring our prosperity for the foreseeable future. A friendly Iraq is the meal ticket.

Like Andy Rooney said Sunday night, the administration is indeed selling this conflict, big time. Should we have done it, maybe, maybe not. I don't have a strong feeling either way but I strongly support the guys who are over there doing their duty.

#28     Apr 8, 2003
  9. klutz

klutz

Dont find much to agree with in Hii's position but would like to APPLAUD your posts...............WELL SAID

#29     Apr 8, 2003
  10. gms

gms

The Brits were the oppressive, taxing, governing authority. The U.S.'s relationship to Iraq is not that. Probably more accurate to say that the U.S. has taken on the role akin to what the French played in the Revolution, they came to the aid of the freedom fighters seeking independence from an overbearing regime.

One of the goals of the Revolutionary War was "no taxation without represenation." But they had that backwards, they should've fought for "Representation with no taxation".

#30     Apr 8, 2003