One gram of Ginger Daily Prevents almost every Chronic Disease

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Here in Orlando, I've got enough ginger growing in my yard to feed an army. The only problem is that it's not the kind that tastes good. What a bummer.

#31     Dec 15, 2017
  2. speedo

speedo

Not sure about your type but ginger is easy to grow from the rhizomes direct from a store. Florida is actually ideal as long as the soil is enriched but it doesn't like to be in the sun...shady areas best.

#32     Dec 15, 2017
  3. piezoe

piezoe

My guess is that the good stuff will grow well in Orlando too. Have you tried planting pieces of grocery store ginger. It should do well there. The genera that culinary ginger comes from is large and most of the gingers have little or no culinary value, but many are popular and decorative garden plants. Orlando is subtropical, but freezes are so rare and light there that culinary ginger ought to do well even though it prefers a tropical climate.

#33     Dec 15, 2017
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Nope. But that's a great idea. I will put the wife on that project.

#34     Dec 15, 2017
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

This is the ginger in my side yard. If only this was the edible type!

IMG_20171215_122748.jpg

#35     Dec 15, 2017
  6. speedo

speedo

Good looking plant tho.

#36     Dec 15, 2017
  7. piezoe

piezoe

That's one of the many, many decorative gingers. Nice looking. The culinary ginger will have narrower, non-varigated, dark green leaves, and not be so tall. It should do well in your area.

#37     Dec 15, 2017
    Baron likes this.

8. The other issue mixed in there is the fact that good curcumin formulas also have piperine in with which massively increases absorption. All for the good, except it does the same for lots of meds too so can cause a change in the proper dosage needed for your meds.

#38     Dec 15, 2017
  9. I eat vegetarian sushi every saturday. We make our own pickled ginger. I noticed that it was the best solution I have found for heartburn - which I had really bad. If you have heartburn - try pickled ginger. Regular ginger would work, but it's very hot and much easier to eat a lot of the pickled kind.

#39     Dec 16, 2017
  10. Wallet

Wallet

Just saw this thread. Baron thanks for passing it along, will try it next week.

#40     Dec 16, 2017