One gram of Ginger Daily Prevents almost every Chronic Disease

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Chronically raised concentrations of inflammatory factor CRP in your blood are a recipe for all sorts of disaster. High levels of CRP mean an increased risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's and many other chronic diseases. CRP interferes to a greater or lesser degree in nearly all chronic diseases. Fortunately, daily supplementation with one or more grams of powdered ginger - yes, the ordinary stuff you buy at the supermarket - can drastically lower the concentration of CRP in your blood. This according to a meta-study recently published in Food & Nutrition Research.

Study
    The researchers tracked down 9 reliable trials in which participants had been given powdered ginger. They put the data from the trials together and re-analysed it.

[​IMG]

Results
    In all the trials, ginger supplementation resulted in a lower CRP level. The effect was pretty strong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the studies used in this meta-analysis, participants received 1-3 g powdered ginger [1 g powdered ginger is a level teaspoon] for a period of 60-90 days. Higher doses had slightly more effect than lower doses.

Supplementation with ginger also improved cholesterol levels and insulin balance, although these effects were modest.

[​IMG]

Mechanism
    "It has been stated that the inflammatory marker CRP in adults has value for treatment initiation in individuals with intermediate CVD risk," the researchers wrote. "Regarding the mechanism of the effect of ginger on PGE2, an inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 mRNA expression and direct inhibition of this enzyme activity is proposed."

"Furthermore, it has been reported that the effect of ginger on inflammation is also due to the effect of certain active compounds (gingerols and zerumbone) that inhibit NF-kB and TNF-alpha expression in liver cancer cells."

"6-Gingerol and 6-paradol have strong and effective anti-inflammatory activity and suppress TNF-alpha production. This inhibition decreases NF-kB activity in addition to other inflammatory cytokines as well as cyclooxygenase 2 and its associated products including PGE2. Therefore, acute-phase proteins such as CRP are also inhibited in this process."

"Moreover, other possible mechanisms are proposed regarding pharmacological activity of ginger. Ginger suppresses leukotriene biosynthesis by inhibiting 5-lipoxygenase l, and ginger extract was found to inhibit beta-amyloid peptide-induced cytokine and chemokine expression in a cell line of human monocytes."

Conclusion
    "This systematic review showed that ginger supplementation can improve CRP level, glycaemia indexes, and lipid profile, which can be useful for the prevention and management of disease," concluded the researchers.

"Randomized control trials with a larger sample size and a longer follow-up period should be considered for future investigations to give an unequivocal answer as to whether ginger can reduce CRP and improve glycaemia indexes and lipid profile."

2. You know, I am going to try this.

If I am going out for the day I have to take a 400mg ibuprofen tablet as my knees and feet are in bad shape from too much athletics when young.

The problem is taking ibuprofen has diminishing returns, taken too regularly it actually causes stinging pain throughout the muscles and is not ideal for the liver.

I'll report back in a couple of weeks.

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Try this as a replacement for your ibuprofen, or at the very least cut your Ibuprofen dose in half and give this a shot:

It has ginger already in it and the curcumin will help with the inflammation and pain in your knees and feet.

niko79542 and Slartibartfast like this.
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

FWIW, I take two caps per day myself, so I'm recommending it based upon personal use.

MACD, niko79542 and Slartibartfast like this.
  5. Thanks for that. I'll try them over time.

I find Centrum Advance excellent for overall energy however I need more bounce in my knees :)

6. niko79542

niko79542

Thanks for sharing Baron. If you don't mind. Whats your personal experience with curcumin and ginger?

7. speedo

speedo

Not only are ginger and curcumin very healthy, they are also very tasty and along with other super foods such as garlic, cinnamon and oregano should be worked into one's dishes in their raw forms.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  8. I'm just going to use Gel Caps as I have a pretty random diet. :)

9. speedo

speedo

Beats not consuming them at all.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Do you feel anything different? There are 2 problems with supplements:

1. Even when they are working, it is hard to feel their effects.
    2. There are so many good ones, you have to pick a few.

#10     Dec 12, 2017