One giant mortgage crisis wasn't enough

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Illum

Illum

My country is burning, so.. No

Anyone who suggests forcing banks to make loans that will not be paid... While we are robbed... beaten on the streets... lose our freedom. etc etc.

Then suggest somehow our very freedom is to blame......

I would suggest this is not Argentina. Big government will not get a nice win. The police will not abandon freedom for the sake of those they have to deal with on a daily basis.

You clearly read as I do. You see banks are forced to loan to people who will not pay back. Then you want to blame the banks. I am ok, are you?

You slyly suggest my words are way over the top. If you think so. Things are progressing so fast to the detriment of my country. Of which I served in the infantry. As a boy I remember the smell of the old gym floor at cub scout meetings. No my friend. Soon will be the time to stop this. And I will try to impart more wisdom. Look at who your ally yourself with, to take away our free market. The middle class is not hearing the smoke your blowing.

#21     Jul 13, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

That, my friend, is an argument from "ism purity". The commies have one just like it. The fly in the ointment is human nature, primate nature. When we can't get what we want as individuals, we form groups. So there will always be some group interfering with "pure", ie. unmanaged systems. How do you account and correct for this? By not having highly stratified societies in the first place. That assertion appears to be true when you track desirable social attributes against many societies with varying levels of stratification and income. So far, no other approach has the same explanatory power. Of course, the powerful don't like it.

#22     Jul 13, 2011
  3. What are you on about, mate? When did I say anything about freedom? When did I say anything about "big government"?

You're totally missing the point.

#23     Jul 13, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ 1

#24     Jul 13, 2011
  5. Illum

Illum

The printing, the forcing of banks to blow up. The stripping of gun rights. The anarchy in our cities. These are all connected to me in a very real way. Big gov is killing us. I apologize if I did infact go way over the top on you. I see the whole break down of society as interconnected. And as the market rallies I see terrible outcomes. I am in wheat and making money. I am forced. However, I am pissed. One article to me is a symptom of a terrible a disease. The great experiment is dying. I apologize, this article to me, is so far over the top, it is devoid of any wisdom and seems on purpose, that it aggravates me to no end.

#25     Jul 13, 2011
  6. Don't apologize and don't back down. You are totally right. We are seeing our country destroyed and taken away from us right before our eyes. The media and the people who did most of the destroying, ie liberals, demand that we send more money or else. Fuck them.

Buy guns, buy gold and send some money to Michele Bachmann, who is apparently the only republican with the balls to stand up to obama and his thugs.

#26     Jul 13, 2011
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Yes, and the sheeple are too damn dumb to realize they are being led to slaughter. When I think of the "typical" American these days, I hear that Twilight Zone music playing.

The dumbing of America has come home to roost, and we are ALL going to suffer as there just aren't enough common sense people alive (or willing) in America these days to out-vote the radical idiots who want to ram big govt. down our throats. (If REAL history was still taught in public schools, the majority of America would KNOW why the pilgrims came here to begin with. Escaping serfdom was one of them... Today, we give the govt. more of our own $ than the serfs gave their King back then.:( )

#27     Jul 13, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm with these guys.

#28     Jul 13, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

The guys who think the banks are so hard put upon? That think the banks are the only reason we're all still alive?

#29     Jul 13, 2011
  10. Huh? Forcing of which banks to blow up? When did I ever say anything about printing, gun rights or anarchy in your cities?

My point was not about the original article. I was responding to the suggestion that it was the CRA and the government forcing banks to make loans that has led to the recent mtge crisis. That is false and there's all sorts of evidence to prove it.

There's a large and powerful banking industry. They have a large and powerful lobby. They are engaged in a massive public relations project that is designed to whitewash the banking industry and to exonerate them from all responsibility for the crisis. Moreover, it's an effort which is designed to prevent or dilute the implementation of the Volcker rule, the attempts to deal with the TBTF issue and etc. Read about Peter Wallison and the FCIC and you'll see what I mean.

The bank lobby is trying to make sure nothing changes and the banks can go back to doing what they were doing pre-2008. You're letting them do it.

P.S.: Note that I am supposed to be the "banker apologist" on this forum.

#30     Jul 13, 2011