One Felony Arrest ???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ImamicPH, Dec 1, 2005.

1. GetReal

GetReal

Just a side note. The original money man behind the red light green light cluster had to sell his company in order for them to become an introducing broker and he had not even been convicted of anything....only indicted.

#31     Dec 6, 2005
  2. Well, the working folks at the bottom of the ladder get the most scrutiny: its always been this way. If you are just an engineer with a National Security clearance then just about anybody. for any arbitrary reason, can have your security clearance pulled, no questions asked. Think you have it tough in an ordinary postion in a regular company where you have to be careful what you say and to who ? In a sensitive position where your livelyhood depends upon maintaining your clearance, every contact can be a potential career killer.
    Not my idea of a good job by the way ....

#32     Dec 7, 2005
  3. Banjo

Banjo

Good thing these rules don't apply to politicians, there wouldn't be any.

#33     Dec 7, 2005
  4. Does anyone work for a BD that is associated with the NYSE?

#34     Dec 15, 2005
  5. hi members my name is marvin & i've been convicted of a drug sale in NYC IN 1995 & i pleaded guilty & got 5years probation.So is there any way that i can get it brought to a lesser charge?& what law firm can i trust to get the problem fix,this i really causeing me alot of problems can some help me please?if so write me at bemma740il@yahoo.comALSO THE CHARGE WAS< ATTEMPT TO DISTRUBUTE>

#35     Sep 21, 2006
  6. Were you even earning minimum wage selling that crack? I can't help you, except putting your episode behind you and acknowledging it was nothing/stupid and see if you can get it forgotten.

#36     Sep 21, 2006
  7. nope.....any felony will do......got my 7 thru the PHiLX.....6 months after my tenure with the firm,i was called into the office.i had to go thru hell to get it expunged ......even though it occurred as a minor...17yrs old,it should have been a sealed record but the judge at the time decided to screw me & chose not to........was the result of a fist fight on a new york city street at 2am where the fight ended extremely lopsided so they chose to charge me as an adult even though i stuck up for a friend whom was being bullied.

#37     Sep 21, 2006
  8. You're better off trading in an unregulated market.

#38     Sep 21, 2006
  9. If an officer arrests you and books you for a crime that is not being formally charged. The county attourney has to file the charges he thinks are likely to get a conviction. He will not file on it if he thinks its a time waster. If it goes to court and you are found not guilty you were formally charged from a grand jury and went to court and you beat the rap so to speak. So if they were dropped you are ok.
    How do I know. PHX PD 8 years

#39     Sep 22, 2006
  10. i had a felony arrest that was expunged about 5 yrs before my first job and it came back that i was arrested but they couldn't do anything about it ;)

#40     Sep 22, 2006