One Felony Arrest ???

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ImamicPH, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Perhaps it was an illegal search....that's why the charges were dropped.

#21     Dec 5, 2005

2. It was a illegal search.

#22     Dec 5, 2005
  3. Be very, very careful with expungement. The rules are intricate and vary from state to state. They permit you answer "no" to certain questions, but not all questions. They also prohibit employers from asking some questions. However, that's a game that is very easy for employers to get around. "Hey, I'm not answering this question because it's illegal." "Oh really? That's ok, don't answer it. And don't let the door hit your ass on the way out."

I believe that certain federal licensing applications must be answered truthfully regardless of state expungements. One example I believe is SEC registration as a corporate officer. Probably applies to any SEC registration.

Consult a lawyer in the state where you were charged / expunged.

Martin

#23     Dec 5, 2005
    #24     Dec 5, 2005
    #25     Dec 5, 2005
  6. Its even worse that this in some areas of the banking and settlement industry. Essentially, any type of problem will disqualify you, no matter how minor: you need a pefectly clean background for some of these positions. National Security sensitive positions are even more demanding since even with a perfectly clean background, everyone that can be found will be interviewed and asked to express an opinion on you and on your suitability for a sensitive position. Even a lukewarm response from someone can disqualify you........ Qualifying for these exams is simple in comparison.....

#26     Dec 5, 2005
  7. Thought you were innocent until proven guilty? Guess not :(

#27     Dec 5, 2005
  8. Just tell them it was all a big mistake and that the kilo of white powder you were caught carrying turned out to sugar. I'm sure they'll understand. :D

Runningbear

#28     Dec 6, 2005
  9. I think you meant "Only criminals are allowed in our financial organizations!" :)

#29     Dec 6, 2005

10. "should be OK"?????

What ever happened to "INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty?

Entertainers can openly admit to smoking pot at the White House with no repercussions whatsoever, yet let Joe Blow be falsely accused of a crime, and he's tarred for life. It's no wonder recidivism rates are over 50%.

I personally know of a lawyer who was convicted of a felony and served time for being caught with an underage girl and possessing cocaine, and today he is a state judge. Only in America!!

st

#30     Dec 6, 2005