One expensive garbage can we're filling

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, May 6, 2013.

1. Give me your tired, your poor... No wait, just unload your bums, drifters, criminals and otherwise the bottom of the barrel. We don't mind paying for it all.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The conservative Heritage Foundation is claiming in a new report that bipartisan immigration legislation pending in the Senate would cost taxpayers $6.3 trillion.

The study from the Republican-led group opposed to an immigration overhaul is sure to come under fire. Already, the libertarian-leaning Cato Institute has decried it as "fatally flawed." Critics say it doesn't measure economic boosts from the bill.

Heritage says the costs come from more than $9 trillion in government benefits to newly legalized immigrants over their lifetimes — only partially counterbalanced by $3 trillion they would pay in taxes.

During Congress' last immigration debate, in 2007, a Heritage report said the bill under consideration at the time would cost $2.6 trillion. The conclusion was criticized, but carried weight with Republicans and the bill was defeated.

2. jem

jem

I thought we were supposed to secure the borders, balance the budget and have a govt capable of laying the foundation for an expanding economy and an expanding need for workers before we decided to allow more people in.

We cant have a crappy economy and a big giveaway system at the same time..

that would be nuts.

I know lets send terrorist to school and give them free money.

Our polticians are traitors. Lets work on fixing the economy and the budget first.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Is infinitely better than Obama's NO budget plan.

4. jem

jem

The left trys to denigrate a politican who trying to balance our budget.

No wonder rcg likened people who love america and want to balance the budget are to terrorists.

5. Yes, it's a stretch to believe any budget plan could produce that unemployment rate, but anyone who believes that taking in 20+ million illegals won't cost us trillions of dollars is being just as foolish. The ROI on amnesty is terrible, and the risk/reward is even worse.