One Chicago SSF Busts

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by u130747, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Pabst

Pabst

I lOVE it!!!

#11     Nov 18, 2002
  2. qdz

qdz

Told you Futures is not game for small investors , especially true when there is liquidity problems. I will sit on my sh*t if I am in a contract for 40 minutes, watching market moves but having no way to do anything about it.

#12     Nov 18, 2002
  3. nusrat

nusrat

#13     Nov 19, 2002
  4. Our patience . . . .

#14     Nov 19, 2002
  5. I'm sure that all the electronic exchanges have had to deal with unexpected difficulties when they first started out. And how long has ARCA been around?

I agree with qdz that SSF are not a safe alternative for traders who have been pushed out of the options market by the recent application of the NASD daytrading restrictions to options.

#15     Nov 19, 2002
  6. nusrat

nusrat

Quote from Tech Analysis: What's left to test? Our patience . . . . LOL

Quote from hii a_ooiioo_a: SSF are not a safe alternative for traders who have been pushed out of the options market
    When was the options market safe?
    I must have been out of the country that week. :D

#16     Nov 19, 2002
  7. nusrat

nusrat

Wow. 1.2 million volume on just one of the strike prices.
    t42, do you know of any more markets like that?

#17     Nov 19, 2002
  8. The options market is "safer" for those people who don't like using margin. And the newness of the SSF market doesn't make SSF a comfortable alternative at this time, which is what this thread is all about.

#18     Nov 19, 2002
  9. #19     Nov 19, 2002
  10. nusrat

nusrat

hii, I now see how you might have thought I was slamming opts and pumping SSFs. Not what I meant. Earlier in this thread, agreed about SSFs. Large part of my trading is in opts (although I'm still not yet comfy about switching it over to IB).
    Just saying, either futs or opts, plenty of ways to be found for losing $. :)

#20     Nov 19, 2002