One Bad Execution....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pairsarbtooo, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Well...today I am trading on my two accounts. I net over 6K in the morning.

I solely shorted ADM this morning.

After I covered my short position, I was exporting the blotter to excel and I saw that I was....get this. 110,000 shares long of ADM.

Okay....so my account was solely responsible for a huge price spike in that stock today.

I called my firm manager, and he told me to close it out.

Its not easy to close out that kind of error. 27 thoussand dollars and 3K in commissions later...the trade is closed.

My buying power on that one account is 1/11th the number of dollars it takes to buy 110,000 dollars of a 20 dollar stock.

The issue is still unresolved.

Anyway, if you had an interesting day, I just wanted to chime in and say so did I.

Good trading to all tomorrow.

2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

They cancelled/busted all your short entries it seems... Did you make 22 RTs on 5000 shares or something like that?

That's what scares me in trading. Not the trading part, the trade bust/platform bug/crash part of it... One day, one of my entries was busted on ICE one day after the trade while I was hedged on NYMEX... Not as costly as yours but...

And 2 weeks ago, I traded a rare occurence when there is a hidden shorting algo below a hidden buying algo... I just thought that if they cancelled either my buys or my sells, I would have been long / short something like 50 contracts ... Scary...

Good luck

3. what broker do you use? that sounds bad, some orders got sent or not sent. keystroke err? you never know with these things

4. JCVR

JCVR

You should rip the broker a new asshole that is unacceptable.