One and Done Daytrader?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by TheDr., Apr 11, 2006.

1. TheDr.

TheDr.

Is it naive to think you can make one trade per day and be consistently profitable year after year?.....And I don't mean to imply that you win everyday, every trade...Just overall, is it possible to win this way consistently in the long run.

I love those one-way trips where I make money within the first few minutes, or hours and my day is over...Unfortunately, I find myself having to get back in and trying to make profit on my second or third trade assuming I haven't been whipped....

Deep down I don't think so, But I would love to be able to trade this way...

2. Even better, can you imagine trading perhaps 2 or 3 times a week? Or even a few times a month? If you knew the elements that rarely coincided together yet provided extremely favorable risk/reward setups, would you not just take those trades and nothing else? You bet I would too. Unfortunately, I believe it takes months if not years of watching the screen, day in, day out, before one can be able to put the pieces of such a puzzle together -- with most of that time (and capital) spent culling out the false positives.

The question I'd ask you is if your desire to trade so infrequently is borne out of laziness/lack of time, or if it's truly a mission to find those elusive yet extraordinary opportunities which will require endless hours of dedicated research? In other words, to achieve what you seek may require exactly what you wish to avoid.

3. you could just trade off what you see on a weekly or monthly chart and hold for your desired amount of time...i dont see why that wouldn't work.

- nate