Once Debt Ceiling is Lifted SPY Will...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jul 25, 2011.

Once Debt Ceiling is Lifted SPY Will Move...

1. +3%

51 vote(s)
    43.6%
  2. +2%

33 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. +/-1%

13 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. -2%

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. -3%

15 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. The level of anxiety that appears to have been built into this issue is quite high. What happens when the uncertainty is removed?

2. Shouldn't it also depend on the outcome/parameters of the deal?

3. i guess so. but it does not matter as far as the poll is concerned since people will vote with their vision of the deal in mind.

in any case: many, including myself, are clueless about the possible scenarios and their implications. :)

4. You are king of the polls shortie, gotta hand it to you. (..:eek:..) :)

I voted +2%, but I reserve the right to change my mind at any point. :D

I was just curious, do you have any stats on the reliability of your poll results? ... do they provide any consistency in predicting market movements after the relevant event?

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Once Debt Ceiling is Lifted SPY Will..."FLUCTUATE.

Just remember, you heard it here first.

6. Is that what you mean? :)

7. I wonder if the guys in the DC Mall area are also checking your polls to decide on the future of the great nation, in these unusual but frankly very testing times. :)

8. no stats or anything like that. i like to look at them and at what people write in the thread. i would like to think that the threads like that help me to wrap my mind around the market action. but maybe i create more damage to my account by reading ET too much.

9. Gotcha. Just thought you might have a sense of whether the ET crowd is generally right, wrong, or somewhere in the middle. Not that I'd ever base any trades on it, but I thought it might be interesting to see.

10. i believe that the majority is more often wrong than not. it does not matter whether the majority is on ET or elsewhere.

***disclaimer: the above belief has not made me rich :)

#10     Jul 25, 2011