On the fundamentalism of PA traders

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Smurfie, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Might be the best post in this thread.

#71     Nov 20, 2008
  2. You aren't using the right indicator.

#72     Nov 20, 2008
  3. That was a joke . . . :D

#73     Nov 20, 2008
  4. vingbel

vingbel

Is that all that Anek is using these days? I know he likes to improve his system. I thought I saw him using more time based charts lately.

#74     Nov 20, 2008
  5. vingbel

vingbel

AlpineTrout

11-20-08 07:25 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from optioncoach:

One thing all major league in baseball agree on, if a guy is hitting .300 or 30 homers a year on average, you do not try and fix his batting stance to what you deem to be "correct" you let him hit the way he is comfortable and successful....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually many professional athletes are constantly trying improve their games. Baseball players change their batting stances regardless of their average and coaches work on those stances with them. The same is try with successful quarterbacks and their throwing motions and footwork and the same is true of successful basketball players. Tennis players at the top level of their game have personal trainers that do nothing but work on their swings with them.

#75     Nov 20, 2008
  6. jprad

jprad

I agree with optioncoach on this one.

A .300 average and 30 HR a year is a first class ticket to the Hall of Fame.

You don't mess with something like that, you don't even try to tweak it, not even if looking at his swing makes you want to blow chunks.

#76     Nov 20, 2008
  7. vingbel

vingbel

You may agree with that (me, too, by the way,) but talk to any professional ball player and you'll see that what I wrote earlier is more accurate.

#77     Nov 22, 2008
  8. Anything that shows up on your screen is historical and by definition lagging.

Anything that uses multiple elements of historical data - eg, "higher high" - is an indicator.

Anything that uses indicators with a time cutoff - eg, only look at "today" data - has time dependency and therefore has periodicity.

I must admit I am completely baffled by the PA/non-PA vehemence as you're all doing exactly the same thing - making bets on future movements using a historical time series of price.

Peace, out.

#78     Nov 22, 2008
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Unfortunately, there is but one correct method.

#79     Feb 10, 2015