On the fundamentalism of PA traders

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Smurfie, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Why not just answer his question.

regards
    f9

#41     Nov 16, 2008
  2. Two reasons.

1) The answer lies in the previous post, I did explain what kind of non lagging indicators I use, it can also be seen in the recent charts I have posted in the forums. If he is so inclined to play investigator he can do some investigating on his own.

and

2) Because ultimately I decide who deserves a reply and who does not.

Anek

#42     Nov 16, 2008
  3. Anek,

The only failing you've displayed lately is deciding that fearless deserves one. I'm sure that was an unpleasant decision though.

Fearless, you truly are a wit (add whatever you wish in front to get a valid meaning).

#43     Nov 16, 2008
  4. Sorry I busted your ass Anek. You Indicator user you! LOL

#44     Nov 17, 2008
  5. Kiwi, you are a ****wit for pissing on Fearless. Insert anything you want for ****. And it's nice to see you kiss Anek's behind, I bet you liked it.

#45     Nov 17, 2008
  6. Kiwi,

Your original comment (above) struck me as out of character from your normal postings.

regards
    f9

#46     Nov 17, 2008
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Here's a question - why do PA traders use charts? After all, it's not a true representation of price action. How many are willing to trade only by watching the price.

#47     Nov 17, 2008
  8. Cutten

Golly you are being playful with a question like this on a quiet premarket Monday.

In a word ... sanity, my sanity.

True, I could watch ES RTH on a one tic range chart and thereby proudly announce to the world that I was a true disciple of PA, but you would have to take me out a shoot me after an hour or two.

regards
    f9

#48     Nov 17, 2008
  9. Smurfie

Smurfie

I was sorta around this question in my first two posts; that charts are lagging indicators of price action as well and as much representations as the hated indicators. However, S/R and TLs are mainstays of PA trading and you kinda need charts for it. As I understand it some drawing tools are okay since they are thought to be synchronous or leading indicators whereas my comfort blanket - the beloved MACD - and its buddies are lagging.

TLs and S/R on mental images of tape action ... wow! You can throw me into the same padded cell as Fearless after 10 minutes, but ... man ... that would be trading!

:)

Smurf

#49     Nov 17, 2008
  10. In essence Smurfie, every analysis you carry out, with or without indicators is lagging simply because you are reading history and learning from it.

Now if you enter a limit stop based upon the pattern of behaviour that you have isolated, then you are now ahead of PA.
    If you are filled and your T&S is showing big orders filling in behind you then hopefully you will go from Smurf to Surf as the new price wave carries you into profit.

regards
    f9

#50     Nov 17, 2008