On the Fed's ability to control unemployment, and other silly Ricter thoughts...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Jul 12, 2012.

1. At least in this thread I didn't call anyone an idiot. And I didn't say I had an opinion one way or the other on the thrust of the article.
    Here is my comment on the article
    "too much emotion, sarcasm and hyperbole for a financial piece. I'm sure there are better written ones you could copy to better make your argument."

Example from the article
    The Fed is promising once again to pound nails with the only tools in its toolbox, a saw and a chisel. The "nails" the Fed is trying to pound down are unemployment and deflation. Needless to say, whacking these big nails with a handsaw and a chisel is completely useless: they can't get the job done.
    A whole paragraph and he didn't say a damn thing.

Another
    The Fed claims all sorts of supernatural powers
    I'll need to see his source for this claim.

Another
    money dropped from helicopters
    Really ???

The whole article is filled with this type of drivel.

Come on bath Tao find a better article that shows us what you're thinking.

#21     Jul 12, 2012
  2. Eight

Eight

They are just running their agenda like union goons with baseball bats..

#22     Jul 12, 2012

3. That was a depressing post.

In other words, we have to change the system entirely.

It's simply too late. The population has been dumbed down far enuf to negate the power of the internet, and people like you will be declared an enemy of the state, and your own neighbors will have your head.

That's what is so depressing.

#23     Jul 13, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Of course they do, that's why they troll.

#24     Jul 13, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

It's called an editorial. Editorials frequently use colorful commentary to then lead into the main meat of the argument. You, of course, know this, but are trying to cling to a flimsy argument you know is nothing more than you wanting to troll the thread.

Zero credibility, zero understanding, zero relevance. You should get a t-shirt made up with that so others know what to expect when they see you coming!

#25     Jul 13, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I am in complete agreement with you. A reset is the only thing that will do it at this point.

#26     Jul 13, 2012
  7. I think those cats who did the Matrix produced one of the few movies who told the brutal truth, and why it is still talked about today. They belong up there with Welles, Asimov and Clancy for using fiction to try to tell some truths.

My personal irony is that some of us will live to see the implosion, and in the aftermath, we will be among the first to be relieved of it, because of our age.

#27     Jul 13, 2012
  8. On most days I wonder about the "Elite" in Elite Trader. It's threads like this that make me wonder.
    No offense to Tsing Tao, who has ably put forth his view of the world. The bottomless ignorance of Keynes is what is to blame for his ease in batting away his opponents.
    Let's quote from a guy who was not only a Keynesian, but who actually implemented Keynesian policies while in gov't during WWII and after, right up to the sixties, John Kenneth Galbraith. He at least does Keynes the favor of knowing what he was about:

#28     Jul 13, 2012

9. First the article talks about how marginally qualified borrowers will borrow more due to the low interest rates. Then he says the banks are wary of loaning to marginal borrowers.

“At 1%, marginal borrowers (the kind who are most likely to default) qualify for loans.”

“Talk about unintended consequences. The Fed's ZIRP punishes the prudent and rewards financier gamblers and encourages marginal borrowers who are tomorrow's defaulters.”

“The top 5% have improved their debt-income ratios, but the lower 95% don't qualify for new loans or refinancing. Now that the banks are weighed down with bad debt and writedowns, they are wary of loaning more to marginal borrowers.”

What a load of crap. I know you’re a little slow witted bath tao but even you should of caught this before you posted it. Geesh

#29     Jul 13, 2012
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Pretty amazing to encounter someone as dull-witted as bigarrow trying to post in one of these serious economic threads. He doesn't even realize how terribly stupid his posts make him sound.

I used to really enjoy the back and forth debate between you and Ricter in threads of this type but it seems like Ricter will no longer engage you ever since the incident with him using an alias. His heart doesn't seem to be in it anymore, at least to my perception.

#30     Jul 13, 2012