On Tea Party being a fake movement

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IShopAtPublix, Apr 23, 2012.

1. "A few weeks after Rick Santelli’s tea party rant on CNBC, Fox News soon recognized a major conservative phenomenon in the making and moved to become cheerleader-in-chief. Fox began to cover the first major tea party rallies six weeks in advance, starting with a March 5, 2009 appear_ance by Newt Gingrich to talk up the protests on Greta Van Susteren’s show. Scarcely a trickle of Tea Party events occurred over ensuing weeks, but that did not prevent Fox News hosts and guests from speculating wildly about the likely huge size and impact of the forthcoming rallies. Viewers watching Fox News in early 2009 were told that “Tea Party protests are erupting across the country” and assured that “these tea parties are starting to really take off.” Newt Gingrich went on air to make the confident prediction that the April 15th rallies would have “over 300,000” attendees. By late March, Glenn Beck had not only attended a rally in Orlando, Florida. He had inter_viewed Tea Party activists from Houston and Indianapolis days before rallies occurred in those cities, featuring their plans and pitching their events. For the Tea Party in its vulnerable infancy, the mobilizing impact of such advance coverage in national prime time was invaluable. The Tea Party idea was presented as the “coming thing” to an audience primed for the message. Conservative Fox viewers across America heard that people like them were ready to stand up to Obama and the Democrats—and they were told when and where.

A week before the first annual April 15th Tea Party rallies in 2009, Fox News promotions kicked into an even higher gear. Glenn Beck told his viewers, “We’re getting ready for next week’s Tax Day tea parties. All across the country, people coming together to let the politicians know, OK, enough spending.” Sean Hannity was even more explicit: “And, of course, April 15th, our big show coming out of Atlanta. It’s Tax Day, our Tax Day tea party show. Don’t forget, we’re going to have ‘Joe the Plumber’.” At times, Fox anchors adopted an almost cajoling tone. On Sean Hannity’s show, viewers were told, “Anybody can come, it’s free,” while Beck fans were warned, “You don’t want to miss it.” In an ironic moment, Arthur Laffer (inventor of the Laffer Curve that was used to justify Reagan’s supply-side economic the_ories) congratulated Beck on air for the success of the Tea Parties. “I’m just attending,” Beck quickly demurred, before continuing his promotion of the upcoming San Antonio Tea Party."

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2011/12/21/the-fox-in-the-tea-party/

#11     Apr 23, 2012
  2. Wow, still smarting from me rubbing your nose in your own shit, eh? Keep digging loser... the more you cling to your delusional stupidity, the more you discredit yourself :p

#12     Apr 23, 2012
  3. It should be no surprise. Fox News is Republican propaganda posing as a "news" program.

#13     Apr 23, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

And I suppose you think BSNBC is "fair and balanced"?

#14     Apr 23, 2012
  5. Nope. I don't watch it.

#15     Apr 23, 2012
  6. You're a turd posing as a person.

#16     Apr 23, 2012
  7. JamesL

JamesL

#17     Apr 23, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

#18     Apr 23, 2012
  9. It does not matter what their alleged private political persuasions are. Nobody out of the numbnuts that trash my post took issue with the facts and conclusions expressed in the article (because they did not read it) they just wanted to bash me as a poster.

Republican party has one core demographic - rich well entrenched WASP elite. Everyone else exists to advance the interests of that group. Tea Party created a semblance of faux grass roots movement and generated enough auxiliary enthusiasm for republicans to help them in 2010. The republican elite never intended some stupid hillbillies (which is what tea party is) to tell them what to do or challenge them for party leadership. The problems Boehner had with some freshmen congressmen are well documented. Since revolutions "eat their children" what you will see is a gradual phase out of the so-called "tea party" through primaries and withdrawal of support from fox and koch brothers.

#19     Apr 23, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

And you wonder why no one is bothering to "debate" with you.

#20     Apr 23, 2012