??? on TDAmeritrade

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by tdatspectral, Dec 12, 2008.

1. ameritrade l2 a disgrace.

they should be fined

#11     Dec 16, 2008
  2. barata

barata

Did the recent Ameritrade datafeed upgrade (referred to by Landis82 in a different thread) improve the L2 as well as L1?

#12     Jan 22, 2009
  3. It has been working fine for me since right after Christmas. I think they fixed it. I also use Quote Tracker and Strategy Desk and they all work fine. Mo More problems Thank God!

#13     Jan 22, 2009
  4. Yes, BIG TIME!

I run DTN's "IQ-Feed" as a reference feed and the Level-2 Ameritrade "streamer" data-feed on the SPY's ( the most updated quote that I can think of and highly demanding on a data-feed ) is running right with the Level-1 (Time&Sales) feed from DTN.

#14     Feb 19, 2009
  5. Hi Landis82,

I saw your review on Ameritrade. Do you mind sharing how much activity(in terms of shares or dollar traded) is enough to negotiate cheaper commission at Ameritrade? And how much would be the negotiated commission?

#15     Feb 22, 2009
  6. Wow, you registered on ET back on 12-29-05 and haven't posted since January 12th of 2008? How does that happen? :D

Check your PM.

#16     Feb 22, 2009
  7. I am a long time IB CUSTOMER but I am actively looking for another broker...If I use ameritrade linked with quotetracker to place my trades and do my charting are the fills reasonably good????,,,,I place trades with share sizes of 500 - 5000 shares with the average size being 1000 shares..........thanks in advance

#17     Feb 22, 2009
  8. haha, I probably just signed up to look at some posts. I was(still am) a newbie back then(now).

When I first signed up on ET, I was still a poor graduate student. Now that I have a job and some savings, I am starting to look into doing some serious trading again. Thats why I am active recently. Since I only have savings from two years of employment, it's obvious that I won't be able to negotiate the commission with ameritrade :p

#18     Feb 22, 2009
  9. harkm

harkm

I have used both IB and ameritrade and have never had any problems with the fills with either with 1000 share trades. Everything is very smooth with Quotetracker and ameritrade imo.

#19     Feb 22, 2009