On race relations in the United States

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Mav88

Mav88

I don't care about how black women look or any of that crap.

Does anybody else here care that very soon white america will have no more money to hand out? Then what?

Multiculturalism has NO answers, it's just a platitude. Please show me the evidence that blacks and mexicans will suddenly change and will drive us forward economically.

#41     Jul 24, 2011
  2. How much money does white america hand out to blacks and hispanics every year ?

#42     Jul 24, 2011
  3. They will cry racism until they dominate the white race, which, by the looks of it isn't going to be anytime soon.

#43     Jul 25, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

I care. My business cares. My customers care. His family cares.

If he can do it, others probably can, too.

I put "black" in quotes not because I'm afraid of offending, but to draw attention to the fact that no one is literally black. These labels mislead, have for a long time.

#44     Jul 25, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

So why is it most "black" people refer to themselves as "black"?
    Are they offending themselves?

#45     Jul 25, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Socialization. No.

#46     Jul 25, 2011
  7. jem

jem

In my opinion, we have no evidence blacks or mexicans will not take care of their own business in the right environment.

Blacks owned and had thriving businesses during segregation. If you look at old pictures of the black business areas in D.C. it was very impressive.

I suspect Harlem was as well.

The problem is the the Democrats embarked on policies which made them dependent and took away the need for the dad to stay home and take care of the family.

And while "social services" are not minority only, they are very rascist... white people are frequently told to go away unless they become disabled.

One of the economists from the austrian school predicted unwed moms was going to become a booming class in america when he saw the economic incentives for it.

So, if we turned welfare to workfare. If people were allowed to keep some medical benes as they got jobs... if familys got to keep more when they stay together... you would see our underclass shrink.

the problem with america is the race hustlers and the fact that democrats know they need a big underclass and larger govt to serve them to keep their party alive.

In short I believe the marketplace needs to be changed.

If you give a person a choice... they get 1500 a month plus housing for doing nothing... or they have to go to work...

who is going to start out working at the bottom of the ladder for 10 dollars an hour.

I tell you, right now I know a lot a white people who think they would have been better off on the govt dole their whole lives and keeping healthy, rather than working than asses off and having to start all over again in this market.

#47     Jul 25, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

If we had workfare today the republicans would be trying to cut it as wasteful government spending on "make work" jobs.

#48     Jul 25, 2011
  9. jem

jem

no... my idea of workfare... is to ask the people who are getting free money if they got a job... if they did not.. they benefits get reduced down to 50% over two years of what they currently get.

But, if they get a job... they get to keep an 70% of the welfare as you slowly phase it out as the people start making more.

#49     Jul 25, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Fair enough. So, presumably many thousands, perhaps millions, will be compelled to sell their labor. Who will be buying it? why will they be buying it?

#50     Jul 25, 2011