On Music and Trading and Art.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mr. DNA, Aug 31, 2002.

1. chas,

i agree with that 100%. nice quote by jackie stewart by the way.

best,

surf:)

#41     Sep 3, 2002
  2. Mr. DNA

Mr. DNA

To whom it may concern:

Lobster and Gekko: Your initial exchange suggests that there are also traders who would be appalled by the others understanding of trade as an Art form.

Gekko, Yes holding back insults will hep us evolve3 as traders. And Human beings.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Lobster

While it is true that it all comes down to opinion, in this case there is physical evidence that certain types of music make people aggressive, depressive, unhappy, and dumb, whereas other types make them happy and more intelligent.

And, also certain types of music have much more statistical value.
    Feel types may not think this is important but, it is.

How is this like trading.

It is good to talk about music as if it is trading because a lot of people can play music. Not a lot of people can trade.

Chas in fla quote: Makes you wonder if,

Wait, OK,

You guys man,....... you frickin guys,

I been reading your posts alot , over and over,

What tha hell N I gonna do with all this money?

That's the kind of sntiment that usually gets my thread killed.

:And it's all cuz I been thinking about abstract musical conceptular design in my trading.

Any body see my ILA thread?

One stock, 4 dollar stock went up 1.30 or so like 3some% in one day and I got
    most of it. That's why I wnt to MBTrading. They got the big lots. and good trailing stops.

So I wrote this thread, Describing how I felt while I was trading. Which was Killer, because I had made several thousand dollars in one day. I usually only make around $75 per hour in my real world job. So this was a Total rush. Like, I want to do this every day. But, back then I counld only do it 3 times a week or else the man is gonna come down and opprss me.

My ILA thread got killed.

I bought my jeans at Sears. [Like, Scottrader, even,]

I loved Scottrader.

Yes, It's true, Direct access, Margin , I better Start drinking by Six to get ready.

This would be a lot easier if I kept my IB account. I would'nt have to wait until 9:30 am to start trading.

This will propable ge tthe whole dam thread pulled

Let's hear from the drunken ninja school of trading.

Some of you guys must be making like 5- 10K per week.

Of cours I never Trade for the Money,

Just for the Sport of it.

And, I'v egot close stops now,

Nothing can hurt mae.

Make it Art.

DnA

Bet on 9

#42     Sep 4, 2002
  3. MUChris

MUChris

So, I have this friend who runs this market astrology website. He can PROVE that when Venus is aligned with Saturn the Dow goes through the roof!

I know this might now have occured to you, but maybe the plants that grew faster did so just as some humans grow faster and larger than others. Oh wait, maybe Shaq is 7'6" because he Mommy played Mozart during dinnertime.

#43     Sep 4, 2002
  4. Talk about delusional... sheesh!

#44     Sep 4, 2002
  5. Mr. DNA,

Great thread...

TRANE
    MILES
    DIZZY
    MINGUS
    MONK

Nothing can get me into the flow like these guys can. The parralles between jazz and successful trading is astonishing. If ever I had to pick a genre of music that captures the essence of trading....

#45     Sep 4, 2002
  6. Anthrax and Ratt get my blood goin. so I can rule!! When I'm getting long, I stick a cucumber down the front of my leather pants and imagine each uptick is a black lipstick wearing groupie screaming "I love you EGO"!

#46     Sep 4, 2002
  7. I am good friends with one of the record producers for Ratt!

He did a bunch with the hair bands of the 80's ....now he is a trader.

#47     Sep 6, 2002