On Music and Trading and Art.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mr. DNA, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Consider this: If you don't like a thread, you don't have to read it. If you don't like your neighbor's substitute for music, you can either move or have your ears surgically removed. For lots of people, neither is practicable, and those are the ones who suffer the most. Like little children in low-income families.

#21     Aug 31, 2002
  2. nitro

nitro

My problems with your suggestion is the problem with all these meaningless threads - they get put in the trading forum when they should go in the Chit chat section.

Threre are some seriuosly good threads that get bumped out of oblivion by the morons that want attention and therefore put their idiotic 120 page threads about God in the trading section. Put this and all threads like it in the Chitchat section and you wouldn't even see me...

nitro

#22     Aug 31, 2002
  3. great questions ! may i suggest " education of a speculator" by victor niederhoffer. vic has some wonderful observations comparing the markets to music and art. i HIGHLY reccomend that you check this book out. someone else has pondered the same points in depth.

enjoy !!

surf:)

#23     Aug 31, 2002
  4. chas,

calling tom jones the "devil". funny indeed ! however, i must take issue with your quote " all human endeavor either communicates good or evil". this is simply not accurate and reflects a world view that is ________ ( fill in the blank). for instance, when i cut my grass ( a human endeavor) am i communicating good or evil ?? the answer is niether.

best,

surf :)

#24     Aug 31, 2002

5. You cut your own grass?

That is evil.......Dude.

#25     Aug 31, 2002
  6. well, actually, i don't cut my own grass. lol. i was speaking metaphorically, of course ! a funny story--while in college i took a course on alternative religions from a professor who did much of his own research. while researching the church of satan, he visited anton lavey's house-- and the most evil man anton was cutting his grass on a riding mower when my professor came to interview him. well, i thought this was funny anyhow !

best,

surf --- who rides a white horse, metaphorically of course.....

#26     Aug 31, 2002

7. So sorry, but I did not call Tom Jones 'the devil. I really liked the way he did that song. I think his flexibility in music is exemplary. That he would lend his talent to a (relatively) new song done by some (relative) kids speaks of a humility on his part that is also cool. He was belting out tunes when I was 4 years old.

The link labelled 'noise' is just that. And I stand by it -- if the devil made 'music,' it would sound like that. It's not by Tom Jones, though. I can't even mention the name of the band without breaking standards of decency.

I hope I didn't mix the links up or anything. I thought I was pretty clear about what I was saying.

As far as cutting the grass, since you asked, man was created to 'tend the garden' -- to work in God's creation. You can disagree with the Genesis account of reality if you please. That's between you and God.

I hope this clears things up.

***No, I just checked. I didn't mix up the links. Maybe you should listen to them yourself.

#27     Aug 31, 2002
  8. great post. you exhibit a TRUE understanding of music.

way to go my brother !

surf:) :) :) :cool:

#28     Aug 31, 2002
  9. lundy

lundy

being proficient at reading notes or tablature is very beneficial for chart or tape reading.

#29     Aug 31, 2002
  10. Hello, Lundy.

Knowing how to operate your CD player helps you get a handle on order entry, too. :D

#30     Aug 31, 2002