On Meditation

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Thunderdog, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I guess I'm a fairly low-tech kind of guy and am only familiar with the basics. Could you briefly describe what these CDs are about and what they contain?

I briefly listened to a few of the selections on the" isotone" link you provided. To be candid, if I am going to listen to anything for relaxation purposes, I prefer Dean Evenson's stuff, which I noted previously, or perhaps some light classical fare:

http://www.amazon.com/Most-Relaxing...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1215709988&sr=1-1

To each his own, I suppose, eh? :)

#11     Jul 10, 2008
  2. You should google and look it as I read up on both iso and binaural for a couple of hours. I don't own either so I am not qualified to speak directly to those.

Basically they are background tones at certain frequencies that affect you in different ways. Some make you relaxed and calm others more energetic.

To my understanding there is no subliminal programming.

Worth a try. I am happy with iso tones the most as I can listen without headphones while I trade.

#12     Jul 10, 2008
  3. Absolutely. I have done hypnosis in the past and that works great too for relaxation.

#13     Jul 10, 2008
  4. Yes, I find it relaxing as well. I've tried a number of tapes and CDs over the years and currently favor this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Unleash-Your-...d_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215710646&sr=8-2

The only downside regarding this particular CD is that there is some music played at the end of the session which wakes me if I use it to drift off to sleep at night. There is music at the beginning of the session as well, but that's fine. On balance, it is perhaps the best CD of its kind that I have come across to date.

#14     Jul 10, 2008
  5. How does the process work? You get completely f**ked up the butt doing some dumb trading, right? You are now tense as shit, quivering like a dog, right? Thats when you go play your meditation stuff?:D

#15     Jul 10, 2008
  6. Yeah, that's it. And thanks for the visual.

"SERENITY NOW!" :p

#16     Jul 10, 2008
  7. Ashley

Ashley

thanks for the link!

#17     Jul 10, 2008
  8. Ashley

Ashley

#18     Jul 10, 2008
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

just what i needed....do you know if "they" ( you know the gummint ) arent zapping subliminal msg's into me head??...thanks for the link.... sounds of nature is quite pleasant...peace

#19     Jul 11, 2008
  10. Thanks for posting I was just listening to Gamma, Theta, and Delta, nice. :)

#20     Jul 11, 2008