On Bloomberg - psychopaths make best traders

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nitro, Sep 19, 2005.

1. bobbyod

bobbyod

It's not at all about emotions, it's about one single emotion, fear. Does being less fearful make one a psychopath?

There is a reason 99 % of people out there never get anywhere, and not just in trading, and that's because they are scared little sheep.

#31     Sep 19, 2005

2. i completely agree!

#32     Sep 19, 2005
  3. To be brave you gotts to be scared'

#33     Sep 19, 2005
  4. I'm not so sure I'd call a test using 41 people, 15 of which have brain damage, as being statistically conclusive. Show me multiple studies with a couple hundred people and I'll be a little more convinced.

#34     Sep 19, 2005
  5. Hangseng1 is lesion free and thinking clearly...

#35     Sep 19, 2005
  6. I don't buy it.
    Plenty of psychopaths that have blown up.

LGW

#36     Sep 19, 2005
  7. bobbyod

bobbyod

^ Just because one is fearless doesn't make them smart. Or wise.

#37     Sep 19, 2005
  8. no guts no glory.

#38     Sep 19, 2005
  9. Yes, any super succesful person would be a psychopath per the American Psych Association guidelines. I am a proud one!

BIgbadass

#39     Sep 19, 2005
  10. Having less fear is generally a result of having low levels of the chemical MAO in the brain. A famous study of bull fighters discovered this unique fact.

Low levels of MAO are found in most people who engage in extreme sports. The term adrenalin junkie is in fact the wrong term.

There is even anti anxiety drugs that inhibit this chemical. They are often used to treat people who are agoraphobic or have similar type conditions.

Runningbear

#40     Sep 19, 2005