On bibles and land

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Brass, Jul 18, 2012.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

For Tutu's experience in South Africa this quote is very appropriate. For most of the rest of Africa not so much.

The philosophy of the Afrikaners (Boers) who settled South Africa was very much in line with "take their land and giver the natives a dose of religion" - especially focused on the parts of the Bible they claimed to show that white man was superior.

#11     Jul 18, 2012
  2. I guess denner tapped....

Too bad, I like him. I know he is playing devil's advocate.:)

#12     Jul 18, 2012
  3. Eight

Eight

The Bible says that Japeth will prosper.. so Japeth is IndoEuropeans. The rest of the world is Hamitic [black, asian, amerind] or Shemitic [arabs].. Hamites and Shemites pretty muchly have chickens, goats, and dirt floors [unless they are wallowing in oil money] and Europeans pretty much have roads, retirement plans, corporations, cars, universities, etc...

The US could completely destroy it's economy trying to make Hamites as prosperous as Japethites and it still wouldn't happen!

#13     Jul 18, 2012
  4. It could be that denner tapped cause he was outgunned:D

That's smart, denner. Wait till there are more righties in the basement. You are not a coward, you made a strategic retreat.:D

#14     Jul 18, 2012
  5. This plays directly into why Bishop Tutu woke up and smelled the rock!:D

#15     Jul 18, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Just curious. Since your user name is only one 8 ("Eight") rather than the conventional two, does it represent the Heil or the Hitler? Either way, it must have been a high price for you to pay for just a bit of added nuance, eh?

#16     Jul 18, 2012
  7. Out of curiosity, are you Jewish?

#17     Jul 18, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

No. Why? Does it matter?

#18     Jul 18, 2012
  9. Are you black?

#19     Jul 18, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

No. Why? Does it matter?